NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• Sorry its been a busy few days - relative who went to hospital was sent home the same day as they don't have space to admit anyone!!

So have managed 3 NSD's - this is Sunday, Monday and today.
    Have brought stuff for relative but he has reimbursed me so not counting those.

Not doing much exercise over and above dog walking twice a day but hopefully will be burning some calories.

((abundant and family)) - Hope you get settled soon and the new job works out ok.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Not much to say. Have finally taped all mum's loose recipes into books (one made for the purpose, one an old diary and one a baking book which now has additional recipes stuck onto all the large illustrations, plus extra cupcake decorating ideas intot he cupcake book.

Bins out at mum's and here and came home in daylight for the first time in days. Early start tomorrow as mum's antibiotics did not arrive with her other pills - got through to the pharmacy but not the doctor's so will go, do my own stuff and get a prescription for mum, get it filled then tear over to her place with hte pills (fingers crossed). It should be on the repeat prescription for the next cycle. Also got a small attache case full of 'craft' materials to pass on - some of the items have been hanging around for 18 months so want them gone.

Considering staying up all night to crack on with things. Could collapse after crafts tomorrow then use the alarm to wake up on Thursday (funeral at 9.30am).

Today I am grateful for there being room in the bin for a couple of bulky items (pet litter went in yesterday), for finishing a task and for being able to squeeze more meals out of mum's freezer and cupboards (supplemented by ys bits I have bought).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Day 5/30 and still on 3NSDs.
    Went food shopping today and kept very true to list until a few ys items jumped into the trolley. Will need milk & potatoes before the weekend but hopefully not a lot else.
    Other spends were mainly school based - new water bottle, ruler, notepads, folder & dividers.

How do you all "account" for money off vouchers or coupons in budgeting? Do you put down the theoretical or actual cost, and does the extra get spent elsewhere or saved?
    I believe I'm overthinking it, taking it to the extreme, and need to find a balance.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning,

SFD number 4 yesterday :) I am doing so much better at this this month :)

No exercise due to rain when I got home and one limping dog but they'd already been out with the dog walker so I do t feel too guilty.

Tomorrow is SW so need to pay for that and need to get some more fruit and milk.

Hope you all have a good day
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Morning :) checking in for yesterday, I read through yesterday's posts then I was real tired so didn't post!

4/30 sadly wasn't a SFD as we ran out of butter so stopped at A1di and picked some up....

Only did 10 mins of exercise - power walk to school to collect madam

GC £19.45/£160 think we'll only need milk and bread for the rest of the week...

Today is a day off so hoping to hit the targets :) Going to go to the allotment for a couple of hours after dropping madam to school :)

planning a SFD 2/18 :)

Madam has ballet so will take a book to read while there :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSD 3/18 yesterday and I went for a run with a friend after work :)

Me time was reading a few chapters of my book before bed.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • Morning, Happy hump day am really on countdown to the weekend already.

Today won't be a NSD. Have to go food shopping so also going to buy tickets / accomodation for concert later in the year and maybe flights home at Christmas if can get my leave approved. All budgeted but just want to get them paid as way too often get caught by the laziness penalty with price increases as I don't plan far enough in advance.

Me time - have a new e book available from the library and planning to start that this evening.

No exercise planned but expect there will be a lot of walking around today. So won't count it but at least it is a little of activity.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Went for an interview for temp admin in the office for a school. Got offered the position and start tomorrow. It is ongoing until further notice.

Congratulations :T
    DawnW wrote: »
    I was all set for my first SFD of September... but then OH randomly took himself to the supermarket, forgot the list, forgot the bloomin cereal he went for :mad: but at least he spent only £9.15 and got 4 items off my list. So I will have to go myself at some point :(

OH returned an unopened tin of paint surplus to requirements, so £17.03 refund :)

Glad sometimes my OH isn't included in this challenge :o, good job on the refund on the paint though
    Sorry to jump in but thought I could reply...

There is only 1 version which is the American one, it will only connect to American bank accounts.

I am the same as you thrifty and would not want to link my bank account. I just enter everything manually anyway.

Ok, I'll maybe just stick to my excel sheets then. Or is there a benefit in YNAB that I don't see?
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    bizzie wrote: »
    How do you all "account" for money off vouchers or coupons in budgeting? Do you put down the theoretical or actual cost, and does the extra get spent elsewhere or saved?
    I believe I'm overthinking it, taking it to the extreme, and need to find a balance.

I don't really account for them, they just make my shopping bill smaller and stretch my budget. :cool:
  • thriftylass
    edited 6 September 2017 at 9:15AM

Quick query....does filling up with petrol count as a spend if it's a work related thing? I have an appointment tomorrow which will require a fill up- I pay it then it's reimbursed at the end of the month so I'm not sure whether it counts!! :o

You keep the NSD as you get it reimbursed and it's work related.

Had an NSD yesterday.

On the way home I must have looked fed up/tired enough that DH did the dishes as soon as we got in (I made rather clear the night before that I'm not doing them again). I'm sure it'll be a one off but surely he must realise at some point that I can't just do it all by myself and work full time. Men......(sorry present excluded).

Did a bit of crochet but was in bed for half 9, knackered.

Run in the sun today, freezer lunch and then we'll see...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure