We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Twitter advice please.

I'm just after a bit of advice on sending a Tweet as I'm only just starting to use Twitter.

My name was announced on a company's Twitter and Facebook pages as the winner of a £15 voucher to use in their shops. It is a well known company that runs social media comps all the time. I'd actually entered on Facebook but had received no notification and only came across it by chance. My name is there on the announcement post but not highlighted blue, IYSWIM. It says nothing about contacting them to give details and they haven't contacted me. I sent a DM on Facebook but got a standard auto reply giving an email address. I emailed to the address given but have not received a reply. This was nearly two weeks ago and since then there have been two more competitions on Twitter and Facebook. So now I'm thinking about Tweeting them but I've never done it before, I've only ever Tweeted when you reply on an actual post.

Should I add a reply to the current Twitter competition post or should I send them a Tweet separately and if so, how do I do this? Many thanks in advance and sorry for the long post- I'm sure a lot of the details could have been left out!

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,850
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you receive the prize you've won.
    To send a Tweet to someone you need to put @Therename and then write your tweet.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • deb2112
    deb2112 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Ms_Dee wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you receive the prize you've won.
    To send a Tweet to someone you need to put @Therename and then write your tweet.

Many thanks for your help Ms Dee, you're an :A. It's daft that I didn't know that but I've only ever clicked on the reply icon on an actual post before. I'll give it a go. It's not a massive prize and I'll have to go to another town to spend it so I'm not jumping up and down making a fuss. However, it's strange that they announce a winner for all to see and then make no attempt to either contact that person or respond to messages from them :huh:
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You can go to their page too, so if you google / search twitter forthe name of the shop (& twitter (ie MSE Shop Twitter)) it should take you straight to their page, then you can just click the button "Tweet to MSE Shop" or whatever the shop / page is called.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You could also reply to their tweet in which they announced you as a winner - click on the tweet itself and then underneath you will see a "reply to tweet" box
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • lemonade11
    lemonade11 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Did you manage to sort this? x
  • deb2112
    lemonade11 wrote: »
    Did you manage to sort this? x

No, am getting nowhere and am quite grumpy despite having Tweeted, Facebook DMd and emailed a fair few times. They are also running a couple of comps every week and announcing new winners. Basically my name is there in an announcement post in big letters but it doesn't say the usual "We've sent you a DM", or "Please DM us your details", it just says "Our winner is- (Me)" so I try and contact them to say "You've announced me as a winner, what do you need from me?" and get nothing back! Grrrr!
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,829
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    deb2112 wrote: »
    No, am getting nowhere and am quite grumpy despite having Tweeted, Facebook DMd and emailed a fair few times. They are also running a couple of comps every week and announcing new winners. Basically my name is there in an announcement post in big letters but it doesn't say the usual "We've sent you a DM", or "Please DM us your details", it just says "Our winner is- (Me)" so I try and contact them to say "You've announced me as a winner, what do you need from me?" and get nothing back! Grrrr!

Tweet again underneath the post that shows your name as the winner but this time include @Resolver . You will find this company on MSE pages and they help people resolve issues like this. It very often does the trick.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    https://twitter.com/resolvercouk

The uk resolver page.

Good luck

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • deb2112
    Thanks ANGELWINGS and toniq. Will look into this now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure