IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt Collection Letter

As some of you may have seen I recently had two PCN's, one of which I am dealing with through POPLA through you're great advice, the other of which I have just received a debt collection letter due to not responding to the previous 2 letters.

It was issued for exactly the same reason as the last but seems to have exactly the same error from the company as the last one (I realized this after your help on the last one), incident on 05/02/2018 and issued on the 20/02/2018 (15 days). My question is can I fight this due to the error on their part or am I stuffed?

Any help greatly received.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Read post four of the Newbies Sticky please. It covers debt collectors in their entirety.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    topcarp wrote: »
    As some of you may have seen I recently had two PCN's, one of which I am dealing with through POPLA through you're great advice, the other of which I have just received a debt collection letter due to not responding to the previous 2 letters.

It was issued for exactly the same reason as the last but seems to have exactly the same error from the company as the last one (I realized this after your help on the last one), incident on 05/02/2018 and issued on the 20/02/2018 (15 days). My question is can I fight this due to the error on their part or am I stuffed?

Any help greatly received.

Tough titty on the idiotic debt collector who are just money
    thugs ..... BECAUSE YOU WILL IGNORE THEM and there
    is nothing the morons can do to you
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    incident on 05/02/2018 and issued on the 20/02/2018 (15 days). My question is can I fight this due to the error on their part or am I stuffed?
    What 'error'? Issuing a PCN after 15 days isn't an 'error', it's normal for some PPCs. Just means they can't hold a keeper liable, it doesn't void the entire PCN and is not an error.

You are NEVER stuffed by a PPC, until you actually go to a court hearing and lose (very, very rare here, and all that happens is the person then pays, no CCJ, no risk).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • topcarp
    topcarp Posts: 39 Forumite
    Notice of intended court action letter now received
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Letter from who?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    So what, if it's from a debt collector...we don't wanna know. Seen it too often.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • topcarp
    topcarp Posts: 39 Forumite
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Letter from who?

Debt Recovery Plus
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    So what, if it's from a debt collector...we don't wanna know. Seen it too often.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Debt Recovery Plus

AH-HA, the dregs and lowlife from the sleezy world
    of harassment

Make certain you wash you hands after touching
    DRP letters ..... you never know what sewer they come from

DRP = TRASH
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hopefully you have realised DRP are liars!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure