NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• Lolly Pop soups r always a winner for me this time of year. Make a few portions now n freeze them and then u have a quick healthy lunch/dinner for when baby is here. Also freeze some sliced bread for quick sandwiches.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Foxholes- hot chocolate and warm socks- now ur talking my language. At this rate I may not dislike winter as much.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's funny, I love all the things about autumn and winter and yet mentally it's always when I struggle most with depression. I'm currently loving drawing the curtains and snuggling under a blanket in the evening in fleecy pyjamas.

SFD number 9 achieved today :)

I've been using up food the last few days - meatballs and rice for the past two nights and bolognese on leftover roast potatoes for lunch :) yum :)

Lots of dog walking and walking about at work so I'm getting my 11,000 steps easily each day :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Hi all

Check in the 12/30. Finally got another SFD today. Lunch to work 7/21.
    Me time- a good catch up with my friend. Exercise-hmm. Not so much.
    Sticking to meal plan, OH having leftovers for lunch, using up what we've got. This challenge is helping me to stay focused so, thank you Thrifty.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Check in #12/30.
    Still at NSD #9/18
    Finally managed to process the online payment so I did.
    Still within my overall budget but general spending category has taken a hit whilst restocking my stationery supplies for back to school.
    Grocery deliveries(!) arrived one had a couple of items out of stock but can get by without.

Heating still off - not been cold enough to kick in and slowly getting to the bottom of the laundry basket and getting it dry without resorting to either dryer.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • check in - NSD again today :)
    Found out also that my health insurance is going to pay part of my medical expenses for some equipment I had to buy; they are covering 3000 which means I can whittle down most of the debt on cc1 - made my day!
    Made chicken pasta bake and aded loads of veggies, had it for tea and put 4 portions away for lunches to take to work. Made chicken salad for dinner tomorrow for hubby and I and made sure our lunch bags were ready in the fridge.
    Nothing much else for the day as I was at work - tired and ready for an early night now. x
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • Morning,

We made Martins weekly newsletter!!

All prepared for the day and all set for a NSD - lunch, snacks and drinks all in my bag and a freezer dinner defrosting for this evening. No excuses. Have planned to meet an old work colleague for a walk / jog this evening which could be interesting as she is much fitter than me but a good excuse for a catch up.
  • :j:j:j Yay to being in the newsletter! :j:j:j
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 8:24AM
    bizzie wrote: »

Heating still off - not been cold enough to kick in and slowly getting to the bottom of the laundry basket and getting it dry without resorting to either dryer.

I had to admit defeat this morning. Rainy and cold here, the previous washing isn't dry yet and a new one is in the machine. The living room was 15 this morning. So I stuck the heating on a timer to just to take the chill off twice a day. Checked my energy bill yesterday and we're £100 in credit so that gave me some peace of mind too.
    check in - NSD again today :)
    Found out also that my health insurance is going to pay part of my medical expenses for some equipment I had to buy; they are covering 3000 which means I can whittle down most of the debt on cc1 - made my day!

Fantastic news
    Morning,

We made Martins weekly newsletter!!

YAY :T

Good morning,

Another NSD in the bag and got a few things done last night. The tomato plants went on the compost heap (managed to kill my seedling twice hence they started late and didn't produce much). Got some wall painting done, homework (definitely increasing now in P2) and some dinosaur crafting with the kids.

DH might have to go away for work for two weeks next month :eek: but just imaging the amount of money I could save on food and beer :rotfl: and how much stuff I could get done (always get more done when he's not in despite having the kids :think:).
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

DH might have to go away for work for two weeks next month :eek: but just imaging the amount of money I could save on food and beer :rotfl: and how much stuff I could get done (always get more done when he's not in despite having the kids :think:).

Yep, me too, I have been drilling 'oles and putting up shelves, rearranging furniture and leaving vinegar in the loos so they are suddenly sparkling again. Must be something to do with being bored out of my brain with no-one over the age of consent to talk to:rotfl:
    Even the carpet is hoovered and the shoes are neatly in a line in the hall. Good job he comes back on Sunday or it might become a habit, or a neurosis.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport