Want to join police force, but have suffered depression in past.

Options
2»

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Unknown30 wrote: »
    Why did he get rejected? I don't think police force is about money, I just wish to do it because it's something in me.

I'm financially stable earning £34 as graduated Dev, rises next year..some might say I must be mad trying to change career to low paid job...:)

I know my son got rejected after attending the assessment centre - basically as well as being interviewed he had 4 role play sessions & I think it was this part that he fell down on...hence why he's going to try being a special first.

If you do want to join the police I would strongly recommend you check the point I made re knowledge of certificate requirements....and also bear in mind the process itself is lengthly - I think it took a year all told to get to the assessment centre stage
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jimygreen wrote: »
    police is a good job. I love police

Seems we have yet another new member who is making pointless posts
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Seems we have yet another new member who is making pointless posts

He's raising his post count so he can post links and then spam.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    A friend of mine was on depression medication while we were at uni together but ended up getting in in the end. She was a special constable for a number of years first and I do think it's one of the main foot in the door ways of getting in
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Unknown30
    Options
    Thank You All.

I will wait a couple of more years and take the advice given on here. Wait till I'm am ready and yes I do understand it will be difficult getting in, the assessments and role plays can put people off and you do need to be confident. As with medical well it'll be 5 or 6 years by then so hopefully I won't have any issues (Especially if I already work in stress related job my volunteering which can be gruesome and demanding at times).

I'll continue with my nice £34 job and volunteering medic for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure