Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Be flexible about your methods, and stubborn about your goals.

Fingers crossed for December 2018! AFK

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well, at least no one can say - I didn't try, even if I think its beyond my capabilities and income :(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • bexster1975
    Ah, don't quit yet. You are too close!

Get that side hustle sorted.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 September 2018 at 11:05PM
    Have to be realistic - however we can all dream . . .

That said - got my eye on end of March - at the very latest, lets see what real life throws at me meantime, and seems to be throwing aplenty atm.

Had booked time off (long weekend) last month - then got sick and had a whole week off, this month [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had another long weekend booked off mid Sept - this time relatives from Canada have just phoned to say they will be here that weekend - will be lovely to see them and have a week from Sept weekend off - however some of these days may get moved to Oct.

And planning early I have just said I would love a 3-4 nights City break (for my Christmas pressie) as I really don't want/need anything :rotfl: shows how MFW works in the long run :D

It is so so weird seeing my £87.11 mortgage payment :cool: coming off and my £15.07 interest charge going on :D so I have just taken off 4 months with my o/p this month so far ;)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    I agree, re: not wanting/needing anything. Christmas gifts last year included National Trust membership, Amazon prime membership and wildlife trust membership. I wanted to be able to do things, not have things. All have been well used this year.

Great news re OP The difference between December and March is small in real terms. Lovely that your total mortgage payment is about £100 :beer:

Hopefully life won't get in the way.

• How is your week so far AFK?

• How is your week so far AFK?

Week so far - so far, so good :)

here comes the "but"

have eaten far too much over the last week, :o
    bought too much, over the last week, :o and so,
    not enough hours in the day, for everything
    I want to do. :( Mundane jobs are piling up - again !!!

How has your's been? and you never did tell, what you got up to over summer? :)
  • bexster1975
    There is always tomorrow to start the diet!

The end is in sight so you are allowed to be a bit spendy sometimes.

There will never be enough hours in the day. Mundane jobs will always be there tomorrow.

Ive had a very interesting summer. I am now officially fully self employed! :eek: I have several income streams up and running/under development so am hoping to get some passive income sorted this academic year.

The week is going ok so far, have developed a cold in the last day or so which is a pain. Less so when I'm mostly working from home however! I started a pottery class last night and threw my first pot ( very small. Pics will follow once it's fired/glazed etc.

Mundane chores day tomorrow, if cold allows.

Good to hear week is generally being kind to you

• Great news - working for yourself on your own terms and time - nothing to beat it:) .

Having a moment at work (which I believe may have something to do with MF looming) that I am looking for other avenues. Have just decided of late - that I no longer enjoy my job - another is retiring and do wish it was me, however keep thinking - not long for me now :D

Hope your cold goes quickly, and good news - you've gone to pot !!! Well, I always knew that :p
    look forward to the pics later.
  • bexster1975
    Hello!

Certainly being more financially comfortable altered my attitude to jobs :D;)

I feel very lucky to be where I am currently. There is only one piece of the puzzle missing now - but I've begun work on that too. More on that another time when there is more to tell.

Just think how different your life could be this time next year!!:beer:

PS pot pics will appear over time :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family