PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Any ideas for picnic food??

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    These two older threads should give you a good start:-

Picnics:
    [post=473557] - Any ideas for picnic food??[/post]
    [post=636036] - Beach picnic ideas?[/post]

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • If it was a hot day and you were worried about food spoiling, lidl do insulated carrier bags for 49p. One of these with some bottles of frozen water would keep your food cool for quite a while. As for recipes, I'll leave that to someone much cleverer than me!
    £2 Coin Savers Club £14 :j (joined 18/2/06)
  • mirakl
    mirakl Posts: 484 Forumite
    You could make some pots of jelly, it works out dead cheap and you can feel like characters in an Enid Blyton novel :)
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

Grand Total £99-41
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    I find the indexes confusing too :o

you could make and freeze sandwiches the night before and freeze pop in plastic bottles, they will defrost by lunchtime but still be cool
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Perhaps you could tell me just what it is that you find confusing and I'll see if I can make it any easier.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ladygrey_2
    there just seems to be hundreds and hundreds of links
    I'm new here and reading the oldstyle forum avidly, getting loads of useful info, I did try doing this via the indexes but it's so confusing, each link opens yet another page, and some threads are under confusing headings,
    I've found the site search much quicker and easier to use sorry
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Scotch eggs & sausage roolls are dead easy & idea picnic food:

for scotch eggs hard boil eggs, shell & pat sausagemeat all round, dip in beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs. You are supposed to deep fry them but I find shallow frying works just as well. If you waat to freeze them then you need to turn the hardboiled egg into egg mayonnaise by chopping the egg & mixing with a little salad cream (not mayo as it doesn't freeze) Shape back into egg shapes/balls then contunie with the sauasage meat etc, fry & freeze when cooled.
    Sausage rolls : either roll out sausage meat into a long sausage or else just get sausages and lay in a long line (you can skin them if you want) wrap puff pastry around, cut into desired lengths, poke holes in top of pastry to let steam out, brush with milk & bake in a medium oven until golden. For a twist add chopped spring onion/herbs/dry stuffing mix etc to your sausage meat.

HTH
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • ladygrey_2
    I remember making scotch eggs in school
    yummy
  • I love mini pizzas i make pastry and add mixed herbs to it.roll it out spread tom puree and anything i have in the fridge like onions,peppers,mushrooms,sweetcorn and any cold meat if i have it. then black pepper and cheese i just use what i have.20 min in the oven and its great cold. before you cook it you can use cutters for shapes and eat the odd bits as your cooks treat. you could make early and freeze if you want.
    :jBaby Finley :j
    :jBorn 3rd march at 9pm 7lbs 13:j

:(12 days late and very over baked:(
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    ladygrey wrote:
    there just seems to be hundreds and hundreds of links
    I'm new here and reading the oldstyle forum avidly, getting loads of useful info, I did try doing this via the indexes but it's so confusing, each link opens yet another page, and some threads are under confusing headings,
    I've found the site search much quicker and easier to use sorry

Oh well... I'll try to explain...

The whole point of the indexes was to help people find, for example, a particular recipe, in a single thread that has 300 recipes in it all jumbled up. The MAIN links in the quote boxes allow you to simply read the index, or join the thread itself either at the beginning to let you browse, or at the end, if you just would like to enter a comment of your own.

There's a maximum limit to the size of an individual post so ALL of the indexes have been broken down into sections where similar items are grouped together and yes, that DOES mean that you have to step through more than one post... but if you regard them as the chapters of a book and you're flicking through pages...

As for the MEGA Index: That is an index of threads on given subjects and again, threads of a simliar kind have been grouped together AND many of the link names ARE different to the title of the thread you are moving to. This is because "Help please" would be the most popular link there is. No practical help to anyone without knowing WHY they need help - so I've named the link to many such threads with what the thread is actually about.

It's a big index, I know - the board is busy - we have almost five thousand different threads at the time of writing and the search engine doesn't always help.

I honestly don't know how to make it any easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport