Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    So what's the highest on the Elite thermometers today?

And DM I will need proof. :p

Inside my chicken run read 42 degrees today when I was there at lunchtime and outside 37.1 degrees
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Inside my chicken run read 42 degrees today when I was there at lunchtime and outside 37.1 degrees

Blimey:eek: still 31 in here just looked:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Blimey:eek: still 31 in here just looked:o

Just drove to pick up DD and it was 29.5 degrees half way there, back down to 29 now I am home parked in the shade again.

It must have been way over the 30 degrees forecast this afternoon.
  • Tinyshoes

I'll ask Mr TS how hot is hot house got today when he gets in, he has one of those high/low thermometers in it. It's been reading over 40 for couple of weeks now. It's like a jungle in there Mr TS keeps disappearing in it. :rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    tweets wrote: »
    26 degress at moment am melting

Screenshot_20180708-195517_Google.jpg

Good job you are not down here then tweets, you would be a puddle. :D
  • Tinyshoes
    I think ours hit 38C, but that is in full sun as we have nowhere consistently shady to put it. Currently in the shade and 27C with 34% humidity.

I'm driving towards you tomorrow E, it was hotter there than here when I last visited. :eek:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good job you are not down here then tweets, you would be a puddle. :D

So glad I am not there :rotfl::rotfl: I know what its going to be like in kitchen at work next week :(
  • Tinyshoes
    Ooh Snap if you were interested I have found a 20% off discount code on Holiday Pirates for Port Lympne. :cool:

https://www.holidaypirates.com/accommodation/20rewriterulestitle-off-safari-glamping-in-kent-school-holiday-family-deals-from-gbp-42pppn_27642

If you could get the shepherds hut in Pinewood for your sister she would have her own shower and toilet facilities. We stayed there it was fabulous. The pods looked really good too, but it is communal facilities.

It does say 20% off any accommodation so I assume the all the other more luxury ones are included. Looks like code valid limited dates, not sure when you were thinking of going away.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I'm driving towards you tomorrow E, it was hotter there than here when I last visited. :eek:

It certainly seemed rather hot in the sun today. We went out for a walk this morning, only out for about an hour and a half, got through a pint of water each and came back and downed another pint :eek:

We have had no rain for several weeks now. Apparently in Tunbridge Wells last Tuesday they had flash flooding in The Pantiles.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 8:59PM
    I think ours hit 38C, but that is in full sun as we have nowhere consistently shady to put it. Currently in the shade and 27C with 34% humidity.

I haven't had that hot. I did have a quite high temperature (upper 20s) a month or two ago, before all the talk of heatwaves started, but that because I parked my car in direct sun and it was quite high when I came back to it - the temperature reading plumetted by 10 degrees within 15 minutes. I did see the reading more genuinely at 30 degrees recently - first time I've seen a temperature beginning with a 3 and having two digits. So my car reading has actually gone from I believe we had minus 18 degrees low some years ago to highest in 30 degrees.

I am not sure which is better, though I suppose the hot temperatures allow us to save money on heating. My complaints of not being able to hang washing out because of rain every few minutes have also vanished:):). Although I am changing clothes more frequently, this weather is fantastic as I can hang them out on any day and they are guaranteed to be dry within a few hours. We just need one deluge, preferably announced weeks in advance so that I can plan for it, preferably on a Wednesday and then dry all week. Every week. All year. Please. I prefer temperatures of about 22-24 degrees though - they are pretty nice, above that it does get a bit too hot.

I have extended the time to complete last week's M list updating until Tuesday night. The reasons I am delayed are the same as those for the cheap overseas travel recently: the World Cup and the hot weather. It's been more the weather than the Cup - I obviously put things aside for some of that but haven't been able to update at other times because it's just too hot to do so. So, I will miss out tomorrow when we're not expecting much change (I bet they'll bring in lots and lots of fantastic RTCs that I will completely miss - cue a really good flash offer in M...) and pick things up on Wednesday, to be completed by 6pm:D. The updating afterwards of course will take weeks:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. (Hopefully not.)

I was of course aware of some Bakery Cookies that went to 50p in M. That started on a Thursday so was picked up by people on hotukdeals before me. I saw them on Monday and got details of them and their BCs. Unfortunately by Wednesday £1 BC versions of them appeared in my stores:( so I decided that a pack of regular size SP Cookies (rather than these bigger 5 cookies per bag) would work out cheaper anyway (vs M 40p, making the Bakery Cookies at 50p seem really expensive - though we had the 10p clearout some years ago that was a lot cheaper). The Bakery Cookies - I was aware of but they didn't make it to the list.

I am glad some of the boys are out of those caves, though don't like to correct it to 4 ("at least 4") rather than 6. I hope all those trapped get out safely. (Sorry for that interruption - just had to rescue some Chocolate Nibbles that someone had sneaked upstairs to try to consume:rotfl:.) I hope the rescue (of the boys and their coach more than my Chocolate Nibbles) goes to plan and they will be able to see England beat France at the World Cup final next Sunday:D.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure