Advice for Three upgrade - Is this legal?

Afternoon everyone,

I just need a little bit of advice with a discounted Three mobile phone contract I have just upgraded to.
The upgrade was on the 6th of this month but the handset i upgraded to is out of stock and is until the 19th. I am being billed and charged for the service/handset which i have not yet received.

Does anyone know if this is actually legal to do this when it comes down to a contract?

I have upgraded from an £18 a month contract to a £37 a month. My minutes and data is the same as it used to be but the additional is for the handset.

Cheers

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You are being charged for the network contract .Plus a seperate charge for a handset ??
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    nolimit966 wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone,

I just need a little bit of advice with a discounted Three mobile phone contract I have just upgraded to.
    The upgrade was on the 6th of this month but the handset i upgraded to is out of stock and is until the 19th. I am being billed and charged for the service/handset which i have not yet received.

Does anyone know if this is actually legal to do this when it comes down to a contract?

I have upgraded from an £18 a month contract to a £37 a month. My minutes and data is the same as it used to be but the additional is for the handset.

Cheers

Is it illegal? No.
    Is it a breach of contract? Perhaps, perhaps not, hard to say without the full contract text. I suspect not, but only a court could be the ultimate arbiter.

Pro-rata, you could be seen as being out of pocket by £6-7. If you call customer services for a moan about the handset being out of stock they may well give you £10 (in bill credit, not cash) to go away.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure