the hedgehog's balloons.

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I would have thought SF would be ok ?- my son only applied for finance a week ago Saturday and it was sorted by Monday (I was impressed) Fingers crossed OU are happy for you to continue x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Thanks greent I was going to ask you how you got on with student finance as I'd read your son had decided to go to university at short notice. Trying to sort things out at the moment so fingers crossed.
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    : course sorted and student finance applied for. Fingers crossed it will be approved :j
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 September 2018 at 4:41PM
    Options
    DD2 ended up coming home from school early yesterday due to health issues and is still at home today. Not alot done other than house work and been to collect DD2 mattress (just got it the car, she did have a really good airbag though).
    Went to lottie meeting last night which are always entertaining watching the different factions trying to out mover each other. Not alot of insults traded which makes a change.
    WOW what a difference to my moral sorting my course out has done. I feel life is starting to pick up and heading in the right direction. This is even though I've discovered DH has spent money on cc and I'm wondering how we are going to pay for them. Another cc statement arrived and this time I've cocked up, I forgot to move the house insurance payment to the main account from a credit card we are due to cancel. This is a double !!!! up because i didn't even try to get a better deal:mad:. However looking at the budgets over the last month we seem to have been able to cut back and make some savings. Although there will be spare and could be used to OP it will have to offset the cc. This is highlighted that although I think I'm budgetting well I'm not. Back to the drawing board.:cool: Hoping to attend my first WI meeting with my friend:T tonight.
    Enjoy the rest of your day
    CR x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Have fun at the WI

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hi:D fortune how is the running going? Had a fab time at WI although I did get lost on the way there. The directions from my friend turned out to be from her house and neither of us realised this until I got lost :rotfl:.Anyway it was really good, really friendly bunch and will go again, now i know where it is. They had a lady come in and do color analysis, I've had done this done years ago and apparently I'm a winter. She was offering discounted sessions to those that left their email addresses, so left mine as thought I would pay for DD1 as her christmas present. 16 year old girls seem to be so hard to buy for, well mine certainly is:eek:. Asked her if she fancied it after i picked her up from the barn dance (no pub for me after the WI :mad:) and she thinks it would be cool to do. Why do teenagers smell so much, I know she'd washed, clean clothes before going but OMG the smell, you could of cut it with a knife. Asked if she'd put deodorant on (did ask after she commented that she smelt sweaty) my answer was a withering look.
    So DD2 off school again today and will be off tomorrow also. Fingers crossed she better by next week. Up early to get the pooch out as DD1 is off to her grandparents for tea after school and not sure what time DH will be in. DD2 can't be left on her own.
    Our bank statement arrived yesterday and it was interesting to see where money was spent, the amounts and how the transaction was done (card/cash). It highlighted that I'm taking money out at the beginning of the week for shopping and then when I'm doing a top up shop, using my card hence spending far too much!!!!!!! When logging our spends I need to really write the date, where it was spent,how much it cost, how i paid for it, and who it was (me or DH). I think i need to perhaps write down why something other than general shopping has been bought. I feel this will allow me monitor things better.
    Spent the last couple of hours researching money saving options. Found my supermarket comparison site and had a play around with hypothetical shopping baskets. Interesting to see what you can save although at the last count it meant visiting 5 different supermarkets.:eek: Also found out that we can get a Max card for DD2 which will reduce entry costs to some attractions. I always ask if they do a carers concession ( I don't get shirty like I've seen some people when told no, I'm just grateful if they do), but this is something she can use also. Also been informed we might be entitled to a council tax reduction so going to apply and see what happens, worst they can say is no. Although the form is 16 pages long and the amount of evidence you have to provide is unbelievable:eek::eek::eek:, no wonder people are put off applying (wonder if they design them with this purpose in mind:rotfl:). However I do agree that the council needs to check people are telling the truth, especially these days of constant budget cuts.
    Really looking forward to my week away with DH, really looking forward to having undisturbed sleep (usually by night 4 I get this), not having to be on constant vigilance,not been at someone beck and call, can't wait. Only 15 more sleeps and counting:j:j.
    Gosh what a long post. Have a good day everybody.
    CR x
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Managed to find my bank card for an account (used to use it as a holiday fund) that I've not used in 2 years. So since I was going into town for other things I called in and closed it as it only had£6.89 in it which wouldn't pay for a sun holiday. Also closed my isa that I had kind of forgotten for the past year and not put anything in for about 3 years as it only had £15.90.in . I will start to look at opening another isa but with a better rate.Since I won't be able to make a significant additional OP due to other things, I used this "free" £20 to OP :jand the coins have gone in the various pots:cool: Paid for the Max card also. Worthwhile trip into town even though I was that wet only my pants were dry:rotfl:
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Had a fairly good weekend. My sister and I had a mini hen night as she gets married in a couple of weeks. We just went to dad's caravan, drank lots (all from home), and did diy pampering. She off next week to celebrate (very boozy) with friends, but I went all captain murtaugh (lethal weapon) and said i was getting too old for that s+!T. There is a 20 year age difference between us.
    So far this month (25th August - 25th September) I've mange to cover the wage drop of £86, saved £30 to the holiday fund and an additional £20 towards the mortgage. Reasonably happy with that.
    We've been chatting as a family (OH and I, my dad and his wife, and my sister and her hubby to be) about doing secret Santa (£20 each) instead of buying each family member a present. We've decided to go one further and actually donate the money to charity instead. We were going to excluded the kids and keep Christmas the same for them but DD1 wants to be involved. Have explained she won't get a present from either her grandparents or auntie, but she's adamant that she wants to join. I feel that my money saving ways are starting to rub off. :dance:
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Forgot to say paid the rent for our 2 allotments this weekend. Another thing not budgeted for:eek: Really need to get this budgeting lark more finally tuned.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    The electricity kept going off last night and it's done something to our internet connection. Had a massive panic :eek:this morning as I needed to book my residential course and places are limited. Had to use my phone instead which I'm not particularly good at using. The place I wanted to go to wasn't an option as DD2 birthday is that week and DH birthday was one of the other weeks. Anyway it's booked for early march:jJust hope it doesn't snow next march.
    CRx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure