IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Metro Inn, Walsall

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    Can anybody offer any useful advice at this point? I am to prepare a distilled defence and submit within 7 days.
    Thank you.

Have a look at this thread to see if it helps.

Initially a 'spray & pray' (© Iamemanresu) rambling defence cut down to size by experienced small claims court contributor 'bargepole' in post #15.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74601386#post74601386
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    Yes. Thanks for that Kirk !!!
    I suppose that was a sarcastic remark to counter my assumed sarcastic remark - in which case, I probably deserved it - however my point is that you have to prepare and submit a defence based on fact, legal argument and sound reasoning. This would not be helped if you (in my opinion) spelled the first word of your defence incorrectly. Have a look at the thread you've been pointed at and read it through several times, adapt it to suit your situation/position and check it thoroughly for spelling and grammatical errors, then post it on here for critique by regulars. Bear in mind it is holiday season, the forum is full of posts and a few regulars are away so leave plenty of time so as not to miss deadlines.
  • celfighter
    celfighter Posts: 83 Forumite
    Thank you. I'll be back soon with my revised document.
  • celfighter
    It seems like this matter is getting worse by the minute. I have until 15th August to file my defence. I was kindly referred to a link by Umkomaas, https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74601386#post74601386

The thing is, part of this post refers to the content on Claim Form N1.
    The thing is, I have never seen MY N1 (or NTK for that matter). It would have presumably been filed to my old address. I have never seen this claim form, and I have no idea what the content of it may be.

I have tried contacting the county court and explained the situation.
    They have no record of the N1 form, as it would of been filled elsewhere. They are attempting to ask for a copy of it from the Claimant!

I have also been advised to contact Citizens Advice, so that they can tell me how to write a letter to the county court. I am getting really frustrated with all this. I am having to wait and wait and time is running out. Can anyone advise me what to do with this next?
  • celfighter
    edited 8 August 2018 at 10:51PM
    Please see the link provided below.
    I had to post a picture on FB of the letter I received from the court. In it I asked what the the particulars of the claim form N1 were from the claimant.
    Can anyone see how I may be able to defend myself against this?

http://i68.tinypic.com/152j7a1.jpg
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So you now have the Particulars of Claim. That's good.

What isn't quite so good is that the whole world now knows your full name from your Facebook link.

Maybe host that pic somewhere like tinypic.
  • Changed! Thank you. I had no hosting and didn't know about this.
    What can I do about the wording on N1 Form?
    Thanks and Regards
    P.
  • KeithP
    edited 8 August 2018 at 11:16PM
    The link in post #35 is a very good Defence.

In that post you seem concerned about the 'content of form N1'.
    That is only referring to the Particulars of Claim - which you now have.
  • celfighter
    Thanks Kieth, here is an image of the sign at the carpark.
    http://i65.tinypic.com/1zwovg7.jpg

The link from post #35 picks apart the claimants points on N1, in which the driver was authorised to park there anyway I believe.

I am not sure how this may relate to my case, at the Metro Inn.
  • KeithP
    http://i65.tinypic.com/1zwovg7.jpg

To me, that is a 'forbidding sign'.

It offers nothing. Therefore it cannot form the basis of a contract.

Also the £100 charge is far from prominent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure