IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement Claim Form- URGENT!

Hi

I have had a good read through the newbie post and the various links attached.

I have received a private parking charge from an incident in Jan 2017, initially I tried appealing through CE directly however this was rejected to no surprise. Unfortunately I passed the deadline for the POPLA appeal as I was abroad. After multiple letters from various companies including CEL, ZZPS and QDR solicitors, I have now received a country court claim form without a LBCC.

Essentially I am being fined for parking in the car park for 30 mins, I have a valid pay and display ticket which was purchased a few minutes before leaving the car park for a period of 1 hour. The time calibration between the ANPR and pay and display meter is inconsistent.

As far as I understand the method of action now would be to complete the acknowledgement of service form to give me time to file a defence ?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2018 at 3:01PM
    Why URGENT?

What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?

You need to be reading post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for guidance on how to progress this.
  • 17th October
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    HG01234 wrote: »
    17th October
    With a Claim Issue Date of 17th October, you have until Monday 5th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018 to file your Defence.

That's four weeks away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for your Directions Questionnaire and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure