Easyjet Hands Free with Three trick

If you are with Three you get Hands Free which means you can check your Hand Luggage for free at check in. You also get speedy boarding.

Trick is they don’t do any further checks so you can still take another piece of hand luggage with you on the flight.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    Trick is they don’t do any further checks so you can still take another piece of hand luggage with you on the flight.

although they do state -
    You can bring a small under seat bag on-board (no bigger than a small handbag or laptop bag).
    If you bring an additional cabin bag to the gate, your bag will be checked into the aircraft hold and a charge will apply.

so having got away with it on one flight does not mean that it would apply to every flight

https://www.easyjet.com/en/hands-free-upgrade
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I don’t think that sweeping statement is completely right.

You may have gotten away with it but that is not to say someone following your advice won’t get stopped and charged for the second piece.

Upon checking any item a baggage tag and corresponding tag number is attached to your passenger name record (PNR). This information is available and on the gate screen as you pass through just prior to boarding the aircraft. You could be challenged at this point if the gate agent noticed that you have used ‘hands-free’ and subsequent pitch up with another large item of cabin baggage. You can take a small item on board to fit under the seat in front but not another wheelie type case.

I think you got away with your ‘trick’ this time. You might find a £50 penalty applies next time.
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You might 'get away' with it. However 3 weeks ago on a return from Faro, loads of people put a small piece of hand luggage into the hold for no charge. Unfortunately back in Bristol it took 1 hour and 20 minutes for luggage to be off loaded. More hassle than it was worth.
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    3 return flights and counting
  • I have just booked the family ticket for this as a cheaper way of boosting our baggage allowance.

Does anyone know whether all 6 of us get a canvas tote?

And if we have cabin bags to check in plus normal cases (prebooked), please tell me we can do all of this at one check in desk!

Thanks.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Am I right in thinking that you can only use this if you are checking in a suitcase?

The only time we used it was MAN - PFO
    Nobody at MAN seemed to know much about it.
    We weren't given a 'tote bag'

We didn't get any sort of priority boarding.
    Our case wasn't first off the plane, so, not impressed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure