Paypal and new Ltd company

Hi

I am looking for advise, I have just started a new limited company, I have 2 PayPal accounts and I will be taking some payments through each.

One is attached to my personal bank account. Can I withdraw the funds from the paypal, to my personal bank account, then send over to the business bank account? is that allowed?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    heman2012 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for advise, I have just started a new limited company, I have 2 PayPal accounts and I will be taking some payments through each.

One is attached to my personal bank account. Can I withdraw the funds from the paypal, to my personal bank account, then send over to the business bank account? is that allowed?

Yes, no different to taking cash.

But the question would be why? If you have a business paypal, why not just use that?

It sounds like you're hiding something
  • heman2012
    heman2012 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Not at all, you just cant attach the same bank account to more than one paypal. Thanks for you help
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    it is allowed but it is very messy

why do you "need" separate paypal accounts given you already have one business one? (Other than the presumption that you evade business seller fees by using a personal account?)
  • heman2012 wrote: »
    Hi

Not at all, you just cant attach the same bank account to more than one paypal. Thanks for you help

That's not a problem - simply attach your shiny new limited company bank account to your paypal business account ;)

Not got a shiny new limited company bank account? Why not?
    Most limited company formation agents will arrange a free (for a limited period) one for you.

You presumably know that most personal accounts do not permit use for business purposes, and that includes receipt of business funds you transfer from paypal. If they suspect, you will end up with a business account that will not be free, even for your personal use (if you retain a bank account at all)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure