Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vaino
    • By Vaino 16th Jan 20, 10:42 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vaino
    Vehicle damaged at the College
    • 16th Jan 20, 10:42 AM
    Vehicle damaged at the College 16th Jan 20 at 10:42 AM
    Hi all. I have a question regarding liability for a vehicle left at the college parking space.
    This is not really a car park with designated spaces, only old police garages ramps, where college got ownership of the ground and decided to use it as a parking space for adult students but with permit only. We are not allowed to park inside college campus - teachers and employees only.

There are some information boards, parking ruled by parkng company, but never ever saw any body checking permits or enforcing parking regulations and like i said, no designated parking bays.

My car gor bumped into, whils I was in session, just found out after college was over. There was no detail behind the wiper and nobody contacted the security or reception.

When I went to report it, nobody bothered, they just said it is my responsibility.
    There are CCTV cameras but one is not working and other is covering only college entrance.

When contacted college site manager, there was no good faith from them, everybody was saying, they are not liable. They have not moved a finger to try and get CCTV from surrounding buildings - I did and asked. Unfortunately, they were not covering my car.

I was reading a lot online about it and some said they are partially liable as parking spaces are not ran properly and seconldy, they owe the ground and gave permit to park.

Any thoughts on this? Maybe MIB?

I cant claim on my insurance as last October, uninsured driver wrote off my previous car.
Page 2
    • Scrapit
    • By Scrapit 17th Jan 20, 11:13 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    Scrapit
    The implication of your post seemed to be that if the the OP had not reported it, he should not do so.
    Originally posted by Car 54
    There was no implication. I don't think he should have reported it. I wouldn't have reported it. Is this crystal so far? How ever the report has already been made.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,283Posts Today

7,089Users online

Martin's Twitter