No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2020

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Evening gang, like Babafette I've been off the forums for a while, but I used to be part of this challenge.

Count me in for 2020.

I had my bathroom done in October and all my toiletries are now sat in a couple of boxes in my bedroom.
    I really want to start using them up.

1 UU to report, a bottle of bubblebath from last Christmas
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Welcome back Babafette!
    VALM wrote: »
    I remember you Babafette. Welcome back xx
    Thanks ladies! I've made some progress but still have a long way to go.:o
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU tonight:

The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask 75ml WMBA. This was nice and soothing, but a pain in the !!!! to remove. So glad it's finished :)
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Welcome back Babafette!
    I took great delight in removing a S&G Clean On Me from the stash this morning and putting it into use! If I actually had a HG shower gel/cream this would be it I think - it smells amazing, and lathers beautifully, without being at all drying. Just a pleasure to use.

Does anyone remember S&G iFoam? It was brilliant but they 'improved' it into Rich & Foamous and it's just pants in comparison! :(:(:(
    Also got a few in's - the S&G Star Gift tin, as I expected, plus a big bottle of a rather lovely smelling Avon shower cream (it smells of chocolate!) plus a couple of lip balm - no issue having loads of those as I carry one in every coat pocket and they do get used!) All of the above were christmas presents anyway.

Is this the Senses Dark Chocolate & Coconut Shower Creme? I have that and I think it smells exactly like Bailey's :D:D:D
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    3 UUs today:-

Boots Nail Polish remover. Bought a replacement bottle from Tesco over the Christmas break.

I am calling two nail polishes done:-

OPI Sparrow me the Drama. Am sad as I love this colour.

OPI Samoan Sand (mini). Not a fan. It made my nails look yellow so I used it as a base coat under other polishes.

I have some OUTs to report also.

Yesterday I posted out two tubes of Tweak'd hair treatment. Once the Buyer confirms receipt I'll order my Amika Bombshell Spray. My hairdresser is coming tonight and will probably finish off what I have.

I've just agreed an offer on EBay for a Benefit Dandelion blush so have that with me today ready to post. I asked MRM for Benefit Bad Gal Bang mascara for Christmas. He bought me a kit containing this, the blush, an eyebrow product and primer. Said it was cheaper to buy the kit than the mascara alone and said he didn't mind me selling anything on that I don't want. I'll keep the rest but have a Dandelion blush anyway.

Have an OPI Nail Envy on Ebay that has been bid on and also have a Bare Minerals lip lacquer that has garnered no interest so far eitehr on Ebay or Facebook.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome back Babafette and Whatatwit.

EH I purchased the same hair dye on a 2 for £9 offer in Boots just before Christmas, I've used one and have now decided I may just let it all grow out and be my natural colour - grey and all.

uu

Garnier Nutrisse Conditioner - the one that comes with the colour.

TA

One mini Nails Inc special effects glitter polish and one full size Nails inc glitter polish, both have gone very glue like. They are in a bag in my garage with things for the tip, they have to go in with the hazardous waste there and not in your own bin.

GA

6 x Nail Polishes to DD and 5 donated to the charity shop. They seemed to be mainly purples which I didn't like, I like aubergine and plum colours but not purple.

I have a bag in the bathroom cupboard with empties that can't be recycled in my bin and these will be taken to the Body Shop when I have quite a few - it's a special trip to one in the train station so I will let them build up.

I have put several bottles of polish, mainly minis, into a bag and I will be doing a Project Polish to use them up.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    abbe89 wrote: »
    Now up to 5/10 for the month - I'm currently relaxing with some gel under-eye pads on. Fresh from the fridge they're so soothing! I've got a few more to use up but I'll definitely be repurchasing when I've run out!

A couple more out for me...

1 x Rituals Shower Oil - sold on eBay. I love the smell of it, but in past experience of shower oils I've ended up almost breaking my neck as it makes the shower so slippy so I decided I was never going to use it!

1 x Aussie Calm the Frizz 3 minute Miracle. I've always loved Aussie products, but this has been my favourite so far - I'll definitely buy again!

1 x Imperial Leather Mermazing Shower gel - such an amazing smell, I'll definitely buy again!

1 x hotel body lotion (it lost it's scent so I have just been smothering my feet with it at night!)

Up to 9/10 for the month now :D
  • kadison wrote: »
    Welcome back Babafette!

Does anyone remember S&G iFoam? It was brilliant but they 'improved' it into Rich & Foamous and it's just pants in comparison! :(:(:(

Is this the Senses Dark Chocolate & Coconut Shower Creme? I have that and I think it smells exactly like Bailey's :D:D:D

I didn't realise iFoam had gone altogether - just assumed that I always get S&G as part of the sets now they didn't include it in those! And yes - the Senses one - to me it smelt like a Bounty bar! (Which is most definitely a good thing!)
    dolly84 wrote: »

EH I purchased the same hair dye on a 2 for £9 offer in Boots just before Christmas, I've used one and have now decided I may just let it all grow out and be my natural colour - grey and all.

I'm currently loving having purple hair and think I'll stick with it for a while - it's the first time I've ever remembered to re-do a colour on a monthly basis I think! Been doing it since September!

UU
    Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation BB cream [HG] - will definitely buy again but for now I have another in the stash which I will get out tonight.

Splutterer (well - as much as a pot of something can splutter!)
    Clinique Moisture Surge is nearing its end. [HG] - I stopped using this for a good few years due to cost but have never found anything as good so re-bought last year on that basis. I will be re-buying but will be waiting for a Clinque Bonus Time offer at Boots.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Splutterer (well - as much as a pot of something can splutter!)
    Clinique Moisture Surge is nearing its end. [HG] - I stopped using this for a good few years due to cost but have never found anything as good so re-bought last year on that basis. I will be re-buying but will be waiting for a Clinque Bonus Time offer at Boots.

I'm using an ALDI copy of this at the moment called Moisture Boost. Might be worth you giving it a try if you can still get it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good tip VALM - thank you - I'll have a look for that!

*edit* or rather I won't - "Product no longer available" according to Aldi's website.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business