Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Therese1
    • By Therese1 14th Jan 20, 7:50 PM
    • 149Posts
    • 80Thanks
    Therese1
    Using boiler cupboard for drying clothes?
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:50 PM
    Using boiler cupboard for drying clothes? 14th Jan 20 at 7:50 PM
    I’ve finally gotten around to a huge declutter and have “acquired” a whole new cupboard as a result🤣

The gas combi boiler lives in there but I’ve just realised that this could be an ideal new home for my clothes horse in the winter. My question is, will I just create myself a damp problem in there if I do this?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but better asking before rather than too late!

Thanks
Page 1
    • Linda32
    • By Linda32 14th Jan 20, 8:50 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 9,464 Thanks
    Linda32
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:50 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:50 PM
    I use mine all the time never had a problem OH put a rail in to hang four coat hangers plus two hooks in the ceiling of the cupboard.
    • thriftwizard
    • By thriftwizard 14th Jan 20, 9:16 PM
    • 3,274 Posts
    • 39,646 Thanks
    thriftwizard
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:16 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:16 PM
    It's pretty much the same as an airing cupboard, surely? I'd just be very careful there aren't any air vents on the boiler that might get blocked.

Our boiler's a floor-mounted combi, with a small integral hot tank, and I use the heat that comes up from it 24/7 to raise dough, dry chillis, beans & eggshells (to be crushed & fed back to The Girls in their mash) & thoroughly dry out small things like jam jars, on a set of shelves above it. Works a treat.
    Angie

GC Jan 20 - £280.58/£420
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 0 used out of 68

(Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
    • Therese1
    • By Therese1 14th Jan 20, 10:05 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Therese1
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:05 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:05 PM
    Ah great! Thank you!

I’ve never had an airing cupboard before so I was probably over thinking it - had no idea if these were “special” cupboards with air vents😊

Boiler sits on the wall above and clear of the clothes horse so no worries of vents being blocked.

T
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,283Posts Today

7,089Users online

Martin's Twitter