IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Falmouth PCN

Comments

• My wife has received notification from the Parking Crooks to say her appeal was rejected because the signs say she should have pushed a yellow button when parking. Not sure whether she did or not, probably not, but before going to POPLA I need to know what action pushing that yellow button triggers as the PCN was obviously issued based on a remote camera as an attendant would have seen the blue badge displayed in the car. The bottom line was that under the terms of the signage she was entitled to pay for 2 hours and receive a a further 1 hour and we returned to the car within 3 hours so no revenue was lost by the car park.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    If the landowner does not cancel write this up on the museum's website and Facebook pages. Also get your next MP involved as n[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ine times out of ten these tickets are scams.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • I have written to the CEO of National Maritime Museum by the time he/she replies we shall be near to the next election and I shall see who my new MP is as the existing one for this area Sir Nicholas Soames is not standing again. I obviously cannot do that until Mid December but as this has been rumbling on since early September a few more weeks shouldnt be a problem, unless there is a time limit for appealing to POPLA.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Time limit for Popla is say 32 days or less from the rejection of the appeal which is when the popla code was generated

So add 32 days onto the date of the rejection letter for the deadline to appeal
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    POPLA appeal templates are in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread but this is NOT what to say at all!
    no revenue was lost by the car park.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • This is still ongoing so would be grateful of more advice.

After appealing to Premier Parking and it was rejected I wrote to the Museum, owners of the land. Unfortunately they took a long time to reply passing the letter from department to department. After receiving their reply which only basically gave details of how the system worked but didnt adress the PCN I appealled to POPLA but the number was not recognised as it was out of date. They suggested requesting another number from Premier so I wrote during December but as yet no response from them. How do I move on and what is my next step? Should I write to Premier stating that they had not replied or what should I do.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You missed your PoPLA appeal filing date.

Redx explained the time limit in post #15.

Ignore all debt collectors letters and post again on this thread if/when you receive either a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence and, after having read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread, you still need help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    They suggested requesting another number from Premier so I wrote during December but as yet no response from them.
    Completely misleading advice from POPLA - there is no prospect of a new POPLA code from the PPC, and probably no prospect of a reply, total waste of time even asking. Snooze and I'm afraid you lose, sorry.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I didnt snooze as you say I was waiting for the Museum to reply to enable them to make a decision and git it cancelled which I expected. They took so long that the number ran out of time, am I so wrong.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I didnt snooze as you say I was waiting for the Museum to reply to enable them to make a decision and git it cancelled which I expected. They took so long that the number ran out of time, am I so wrong.

You had an opportunity of over four weeks to appeal to PoPLA but did not do so. You are now in ignore mode unless you get real court papers in the next six years unless you can get the landowner to cancel the PCN.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business