IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks 'double-dip'

124»

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Castle wrote: »
    Except of course; using an ANPR Camera is automated processing.

And forgetting what the A stands for in ANPR
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 January 2020 at 3:22PM
    Finally received a letter in reply to my SAR request. Four pages of text, including copy of original PCN and higher resolution photos of first entry and second exit.

However, the paragraph reproduced below says that other footage which would relate to first exit and second entry to have been deleted....

So what to do?

"Lastly you have made a request to obtain ANPR data from what you claim to be two seperate entries and visits to the car park. Please be advised that due to our Data Retention Policies, data which you have requested is only kept for 10 days, unless it relates to a Parking Charge Notice (PCN). Our records shiw that you have entered the car park at 11.53.49 hrs on 29/06 and left at 17:37.48 on 29/06. As you have overstayed the maximum period the Parking Charge Notice has been issued"

So they admit their policy is to deliberately delete personal data that is proof of parking compliance in order to generate a parking charge for non-compliance.
    They therefore contradict themselves by saying they don't delete it unless it relates to a parking charge, which it does as soon as they delete the data.

Complaints to the DVLA, ICO, your MP, and the BPA should be made pronto, and in that order.
    The scammers have breached the DPA/GDPR as well as the DVLA KADOE contract so that should be the main point of your complaint, but do include the points made by C-m in post 28.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 January 2020 at 3:12PM
    Fruitcake wrote: »

Complaints to the DVLA, ICO, your MP, and the BPA should be made pronto, and in that order.
    The scammers have breached the DPA/GDPR as well as the DVLA KADOE contract so that should be the main point of your complaint, but do include the points made by C-m in post 28.

Slightly disagree - ICO should be first on the list when complaining. She has by far the biggest stick

Also put them both on notice for compo under DPA. That should get Sainsbury's atttention
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Slightly disagree - ICO should be first on the list when complaining. She has by far the biggest stick

Also put them both on notice for compo under DPA. That should get Sainsbury's attention

Point taken. My reasoning though is that the DVLA can theoretically cut off the scammers' revenue stream faster than the ICO. Oh look, Porcine Aviation in action.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • After a stroppy letter sent following the last batch of helpful advice, came home tonight to find a letter saying my appeal has been successful and the parking charge has been dropped (as a gesture of goodwill).

Thanks to all who contributed with their advice.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Goodwill my #### , they couldn't stand the heat so left the kitchen

It should never have happened

Well done and a happy new year to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing