Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Yes, I assume you are talking about the First Direct, M&S, TSB etc Regular Savers.

So there's not a lot 'decent' about 3% then. If people still need a home for their monthly cash after they have exhausted the 5% and 6% accounts, they can move to the 4% and 3.5% ones before they have to settle for 3%.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    So there's not a lot 'decent' about 3% then. If people still need a home for their monthly cash after they have exhausted the 5% and 6% accounts, they can move to the 4% and 3.5% ones before they have to settle for 3%.

Except the Nottingham one is a 4% one. :D
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Many thanks for this - can I ask how you heard about it? I never got told about Issue 3 by N.B.S. and only found out thanks to this thread. When I opened the account I found out I was not signed up for marketing so opted back in but have not received anything about this new account you mention.

Many thanks for letting us know about it! A much needed decent rate!

I called The Nottingham up and asked if they had a new issue of the Special Saver account launching. I had a hunch that they would be launching a new one in August.

The Nottingham aren't good at informing some customers about new products, especially if you don't live within their typical operating area. Even in the maturity letter for issue 1 (which I received yesterday) they could have informed customers that they were launching a new issue.

I think you got a bit confused with alanq's post (above) about the Penrith Building Society Regular Saver 300, paying 3.00% - which included a quote from my post from last October when the account first launched - with the post I made on Wednesday (29 July) about the Nottingham Building Society 4.00% regular saver.

It was the 4.00% account from The Nottingham that afmfifgh was referring to as being a decent rate, which it is. Not to worry, though.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Except the Nottingham one is a 4% one. :D
    Good point well made, thanks! :o
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Even if the account wasn't at 4% but 3% it would still be a much needed decent rate, it may not be to you but for those that have already exhausted all of the higher paying accounts and are struggling for accounts that pay anywhere near 3% it is much needed.

But thanks for your concern :beer:
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 August 2015 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    The Nottingham aren't good at informing some customers about new products, especially if you don't live within their typical operating area. Even in the maturity letter for issue 1 (which I received yesterday) they could have informed customers that they were launching a new issue.
    You're not kidding there! I've had Summer Savers, Christmas Savers, Special Regular Savers and ISAs which are all monthly subscriptions but had no idea that there was one called just 'Regular Saver' and paying 3.1%, and that it had been operating since 2009!
    The problem is that some of these issues just don't appear on their own website, although the 'Regular Saver' does. The one launched today is already listed however:
    http://www.thenottingham.com/savings/interest-rates/
    Highlight 'Special Savers(sic) Issue 4' under 'Our current savings accounts' and click 'check rates'.
    Curiously (and typically) Issue 3 doesn't appear under the 'Closed for new applications' list, even though I've paid into mine this month! Yet my Summer Saver, which matured months ago, is shown as getting 5% apparently. I've kept it open with the £10 minimum, so if I start resubscribing to it, they should pay me that rate, right? :D
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Nottingham have now added the Special Saver Issue 4, paying 4.00%, to their website, please see here.

I think this is one of the first times that they have added one of their 'Special Saver' accounts to their website.

Well done The Nottingham. I hope they do this for all future account launches.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick message to say I am having issues with internet access but I will update this thread when I am back on the internet properly.

SS2
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Nottingham have now added the Special Saver Issue 4, paying 4.00%, to their website, please see here.

I think this is one of the first times that they have added one of their 'Special Saver' accounts to their website.

I'll be popping on later this week to open one of these. Its worth noting that this issue is once again variable interest.
  • skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Why do they say you can invest up to £750,000 whilst the account is still available yet there is a limit of £400 a month?!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure