Help,please

I wonder if someone can clear this up for me, I had an IVA for less than a year of 6k. I paid this off in July 2018. I'm still waiting for the company to fully completed it and sign it off although I've had an email saying yes we have received the money and the payment was accepted. Now I've got a company claiming to work along side the IVA company saying I must complete paperwork to reclaim ppi. Surely if I've paid it off why should I bother trying to see if I have ppi. Apparently it's beach of my contract if I don't allow them to look into it.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    edited 24 January 2018 at 12:37AM
    Moved to a new thread.

Just sign the paperwork and let them get on with it, it’s the only thing you can do.

May wanna check your dates, as July 2018 not happened yet.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Your IP has a legal obligation to maximise the return to your creditors inline with the terms of the IVA. You have an obligation to try and pay back as much as possible. If this involves reclaiming PPI to pay into the IVA then that is what is involves. As sourcrates says, sign the forms and let them do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure