Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ?

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,224
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Would it be a good idea to contact Ofcom if so how ?
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I suspect the OP actually porting the number to another network might actually resolve the issue by killing both old sims. If ID agree it’s his number they should supply a PAC.

If the OP isn’t in contract it might be worth trying as if it works it’ll be a lot simpler to do than get ID Mobile to resolve it.
    ====
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea to contact Ofcom if so how ?

OFCOM won’t be any assistance, whilst they own the numbers they allocate them in number ranges to the networks to administer, they will simply refer you back to your network.
    ====
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2017 at 12:14PM
    I'd make a formal complaint to iD to concentrate their minds on helping you. At this stage, they're the only people who are obliged to help you. They can liaise with whoever has been handling the porting (probably SPS at BT Mobile), to find out what's gone wrong. Be aware a frontline advisor will not understand the problem, you'll need to complain to get the call escalated so make sure you get a formal complaint number.
    Fortunately. your number is still in use because once out of use it's usually impossible to retrieve a number.

NB As you've already been told this is nothing to do with the police, no crime has been committed, they'll not have a clue what's going on and have better things to do.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,224
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Went into the local Carphone warehouse today, looking promising now new sim card provided told to wait to see what happens , so far at least its not connecting to the 1p chap but says its not available.

Fingers Xed I will have my number all to myself, Thanks for all your surjections :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If this is a SIM card for your existing provider, the new SIM will likely get you no further as it will simply swap the old circumstances on to the new SIM card.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Apparently the OP can call his own number from his phone, and the 'other chap' answers. But we still don't know the situation of that chap and what number he is using. If it's actually the OP's number, what will happen to him if OP gets his number back and working properly..?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    The original (donor network) owns the number but with a MVNO like ASDA it will either be Vodafone or EE.
  • allows you to transfer your existing mobile phone number from one mobile phone network provider to another mobile phone provider so that if you change mobile phone networks you do not have to give everyone a new number... You can keep your existing mobile phone number.

Awesome first post. Shame it's got nothing to do with the thread...

:rotfl:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Interesting situation OP, hope you get it sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure