PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    You and me both kid! :rotfl:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If it is any help Monna I now have to use Chrome to get the green version. I cannot get beyond October 1st 2015 with Firefox. I signed up for MSE forum on Firefox. On Firefox it has been 1st October 2015 every day since 1/10.2015.

I can't explain it. No it does not make sense, but if you get stuck changing browser may help.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone, I've made it! I suppose that most folk prefer the new version or TPTB wouldn't keep it going but I just cannot get on with it. Not being the most tech-savvy person I find the old green version much clearer and simpler. But what I always say is - No-one ever made a name for themselves by saying, "This seems to be working perfectly well, let's leave it alone."

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Monna, green is definitely better for me too, the new and improved one is enough to make you switch off .....

Youngest ds is away this week ,eldest ds is on holiday too and doing his own thing ( yeah , he is 24) as a result only had to make tea for 3 tonight ....very odd ....(normal 6 but can be 9 ......)....
    So far have emptied ds wardrobe , only have the draws to do tomorrow ,... so far 2 bin bags of old clothes , half of them only worn once of twice ...how do you stop them growing up ...
    House very quiet ....
    Old dog took to lieing on the suitcase lid as we were packing , looking very sorry for himself ,refuse to move , now he is still looking unhappy ..roll on Friday night , he might start to wag his tail then ....

Night all
    X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm still in a pale blue version from about 5 years ago :) I opted to not update to new versions (not sure how) but this is the only one I'll use - if they make me change, I'll sulk.

Mar - do you sell your knitted socks?

Gorgeous morning here on the coast, just about to head into the garden to start scrubbing and putting together hubbys new man cave (a domed observatory). We were hoping to move and downsize the house in order to upsize the garden and clear the mortgage but after jiggling a few figures, raiding a few savings pots and generally being tighter than a tight thing we decided to stay. This meant cutting down a tree, digging out flower beds, moving a rockery and then laying a 10ft x12 ft base for the man cave. Finished all the edging and faffy bits yesterday so today is D-day.

Going to need to get my OS hat firmly back on to get this mortgage cleared as quickly as possible whilst keeping our heads above water. Huge income drop due in August so every penny will have to be scrutinised and questioned FBI style before it leaves this house.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Crumbs Pooky, you have been busy! Glad for you that you're staying put though :)
  • monnagran
    I am really fed up. Every time I come on to the site now I have to log on and up comes the new format. I can't find the user cp on the new version so have to go all round the houses to get here at all. I've always been able to get straight on to the green version straight away. What's going on? Probably me doing something stupid but its all such a faff.

Anyway, it's a beeeutiful day here. The bedding was washed and on the line by 10am and dry by 11.30. The sky is clear blue - if I was a a poet I'd say AZURE, but I'm not so blue will have to cover it.
    I keep looking at the vacuum bags packed with my summer clothes but lack the enthusiasm to sort them out. In all honesty my summer clothes are more or less the same as my winter clothes give or take a cardi or two. Still furlined boots and heavy fleeces and jumpers can go away and cotton tops and trousers can see the light of day again. Yawn, yawn. I wish I cared more about my appearance. My style, such as it is, can be summed up as "decently covered."

I've not had a chance to try out my sewing machine yet as my fabric stash is still in my friend's garage. DGD brought my a dolly yesterday with a torn dress to mend. The dress was so badly torn that I suspect sabotage. Well, it's not pink so not socially acceptable.

Nothing exciting at all happened so I will leave you in peace and have a wander down to the beach.

x
  • monnagran
    I forgot. Something exciting DID happen this morning.One of DS's customers rang and referred to DS as my 'husband'. I assured him that I was his mum and there was a shocked silence. He asked if I was the lady who had shown him where to put the mower he had brought for repair. Yes, I was. No, he said, I was certainly not old enough to be DS's mother.

O, frabjous day. Halloo! Hallay!

Think I may get a bit indecently covered.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monna

Did you ever read the poem about wearing purple and a red hat?

Go for it.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • monnagran
    Elona. One of my favourite poems. The staff gave me a copy in book form when I retired. I'd love to be outrageous but I'm too scared and conventional.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business