Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I do not have good door karma :eek: :rotfl:
    I am staying at a friends house while she is away to house & dog sit & the key got stuck in the lock. Someone then tried to get it out & it broke in the lock. You could not make it up!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,097
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh you need to keep away from doors :( On the plus side you're keeping the door industry going :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    l am in shock.
    someone has made a very generous donation to the door fund.
    I am very worried that they have put in an extra 0 in their donation.
    I am so very humbled.
    Thank you.
    It means more than you know.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    You deserve it :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    I do not have good door karma :eek: :rotfl:
    I am staying at a friends house while she is away to house & dog sit & the key got stuck in the lock. Someone then tried to get it out & it broke in the lock. You could not make it up!!

This happened to me Beanie. The difference between you and me is it was the other person's house, they had just bought it and I was stood next to them.....and the sales person said "I'm glad that wasn't me!"
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Butti wrote: »
    This happened to me Beanie. The difference between you and me is it was the other person's house, they had just bought it and I was stood next to them.....and the sales person said "I'm glad that wasn't me!"

:eek::rotfl::rotfl::eek:
    Ooops.
    Hope you have a weekend full of celebrating in store Butti :)

Dog walker just been to take dog out.
    At 8.30 on a Saturday.
    I need to go back to bed:rotfl::rotfl:

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh beanie! You have such a lot going on - not surprised you're going back to bed. Hope you can enjoy some cuddles with the doggie later :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    The dog is now sleeping at my feet as has me down as a soft touch food wise :rotfl:

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    A day in part of reflection.
    This week my amazing & awesome DS will graduate.
    In September he will go on to do Masters.
    It has been a rocky road at times.
    At times we did not think he would finish school far less go onto University.
    It brings up memories of all the people who are no longer here to celebrate his achievements.
    Both his great grans, his Gran. His grandpa (My dad) who like me would have been so very proud.
    We will miss you all & will raise a glass to you all.

So lovely peeps as we know life is for living.
    Go out there & sieze the day.
    Forgive, laugh & love.

Carp diem.
    Ubique.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Not forgetting all my lovely MSE chums, both old and new, who have been there for me through thick and thin over the years.
    Also the lovely lovely people who have so very kindly donated to the door fund. I am so humbled & touched.
    Thank you to each & every one of you who has been part of my MSE journey.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback