Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Options

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening diary :)
    Abba, it sucks doesn't it :(
    11 days to go :j
    Got an email from the solicitor, we should be getting £18.5k back so that will all be gone wiping out our debts :(
    Oh well, at least we get to make a fresh start (we'll be skint though :rotfl:)
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's fab news. :T :T :T

Try not to think of it as being skint but more about how much disposable income you'll have EVERY SINGLE MONTH with the debts gone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    10 days to go :j (well almost 9 now :rotfl:)
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    That's fab news. :T :T :T

Try not to think of it as being skint but more about how much disposable income you'll have EVERY SINGLE MONTH with the debts gone.

Hey DB, true I suppose :)
    Mortgage cost will increase by nearly £300 a month and life insurance and council tax are about a hundred a month more expensive each, still leaves us a couple of hundred breathing space.
    Shows how crippling these debts have been all these years I suppose :(
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    10 days to go :j (well almost 9 now :rotfl:)

Hey DB, true I suppose :)
    Mortgage cost will increase by nearly £300 a month and life insurance and council tax are about a hundred a month more expensive each, still leaves us a couple of hundred breathing space.
    Shows how crippling these debts have been all these years I suppose :(

If you were to use it all to pay off the debt total showing in your signature - your overall debt would be less than £750 - how cool is that

This could be just the fresh start you need financially with all the wisdom of the lessons learnt :T

I am counting too [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]14[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]13[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]12[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]11[/STRIKE]-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• dipdap
    Options
    Good afternoon diary :)
    Can't believe we're into single figures :eek:, 8 days to go :j
    I've been doing so well at SB that I ordered some DVDs as a treat for us all with my amazon vouchers :D since when is free super saver delivery over £20 spend :mad:
    So we've spent the last couple of days watching box sets :D
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    If you were to use it all to pay off the debt total showing in your signature - your overall debt would be less than £750 - how cool is that

This could be just the fresh start you need financially with all the wisdom of the lessons learnt :T

I am counting too [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]14[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]13[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]12[/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]11[/STRIKE]-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Hey DB, thanx for stopping by :wave:
    Unfortunately we owe my parents over £3k which isn't written in my signature (good old bank of Mum and Dad) and we need to find about £2k for carpets for the new house so we won't be debt free the minute we move :( but at least I'll have another target to hit before Christmas :D
    One of the credit cards is offering 0%bt with a 1.9%fee. So we'll be doing what we promised the mortgage people and clearing off all our debts then playing the bt system in order to sort carpets and Mum&Dad :D
    1 debt at 0% for 9 months I can handle :) I think I'm capable and experienced enough of handling that with all that we've been through these last few years :rotfl:
  • dipdap
    Options
    Evening diary, quick visit from me.
    One week from now we'll hopefully be sat in our new home :j
    We'll probably be sat on the floor with no carpets eating cold pizza but I won't care :j
    Not long now :j:j:j
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morning diary :)

number_6_orange_T.png

Days to go :j
    OMG I have so much stuff to pack still :eek:
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    OMG this is flying by - it's less than 1 week :T :T :T :T :T

Get packing (and don't forget the attic!!!!!) :eek:

Whatever you end up sitting on, you will be making memories for your the new chapter in your life. I'm sure it will all fall into place and it will be more than a house, it will a home. The cold pizza and carpetless floor will just be a memory in the making, to start off the collection. :T

DB

• dipdap
    Options
    number_5_pink.png

Days to go :j

Can't wait to get rid of these blasted debts!
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    It's getting exciting now :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport