Subscription PS4 Playstation Plus 3 month membership cost?

2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 3:48PM
    Playstation Plus member here - I can help with this!

What is it you're trying to do? Do you only want the 3 months or do you want it to automatically renew?

Thanks bex, I tried to help the OP but I was out of my depth when I thought it was simple.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2018 at 7:30PM
    To access if you have a payment card assigned to your account:
    Go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Wallet >Payment Methods > Enter your PlayStation account password

The £14.99 I'm not really sure as I looked on Game site and as of this moment it's £19.99 for 3 months and also on PS Store it's £19.99 for 3 months.

Me personally I have auto renew turned off as I can look elsewhere on the Internet for a 12 month subscription (this works out cheaper per month) cheaper than the PS Store charges (currently £49.99).

To turn off auto renew (if you wish):
    Go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Playstation Subscriptions > Playstation Plus > Turn Off Auto Renew

EDIT: I found the £14.99 3 month, expired now:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-plus-25-off-3-month-subscription-1499-playstation-store-2922840
  • Robots
    Robots Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Wedding Day Wonder
    The quarterly costs used to be £14.99 for a while but it's now £19.99. Sometimes Game discount the PSPlus cards (I've had an annual one off them for £25 before in a sale).

Before you can download anything from the PS store, it asks for a payment method - same as Apple store etc. Quarterly & annual pre-paid codes don't usually attract the 'enter your card details' prompt, but monthly ones used to.

Hope that helps :)
    Veteran gamer and clean freak :kiss:
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    OP, I would strongly advise against putting any card details into anything to do with PlayStation. Not only is it a risk, it's really unnecessary.
    Re PS+, the most economic way to subscribe is to get a 12 month sub. They are currently around £50, but every so often they are on special offer. Even if not on offer, if you get any vouchers (e.g. Nectar or Tesco) for money off if you spend £x, then that's a good time to buy one. The last one I got was £32 for 12 months - during the special deal in Jan/Feb ish, it was reduced to £40 full price, and I had an £8 off if you spend £40 at Sainsburys. Far cheaper than buying via PS. You can also stack annual membership - so if it's on offer and you buy 2, you can enter both codes and they stack for 2 years - or save one if you want to.
    If you want to buy anything via the PS online store, you are best buying PS vouchers then purchasing using them. The problem with giving card details is that they can auto renew if you forget to turn it off, plus if you have kids using the system, there's potential for unwanted purchases. As well as that, the online store is usually more expensive than anywhere else in the entire world.
  • Robots
    Robots Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Wedding Day Wonder
    Just to add to the above post, the current offer for PSPlus through the PS store is £49.99 for 15 months.

@BigPhil, I hadn!!!8217;t realised you can use Clubcard vouchers to buy game cards...guess where I!!!8217;m off this afternoon!
    Veteran gamer and clean freak :kiss:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport