Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    margf wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone had any experience of taking Quidco to the small claims court please?

If you are thinking of a small claim action, it must be pretty serious.
    Before you do that, you should send a Letter Before Action (LBA) giving Quidco say 14 days to respond before going ahead with a small claim.
    If your issue is with a merchant that is regulated, that may give a better option. Mis-selling or breach of contract for example.
    Whatever it is, good luck.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • margf
    margf Posts: 183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    B_M wrote: »
    If you are thinking of a small claim action, it must be pretty serious.
    Before you do that, you should send a Letter Before Action (LBA) giving Quidco say 14 days to respond before going ahead with a small claim.
    If your issue is with a merchant that is regulated, that may give a better option. Mis-selling or breach of contract for example.
    Whatever it is, good luck.

Thanks - now a matter of principle, 4 No. mobile contracts taken out with Three through Quidco, cash back owed in the region of £200
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks - now a matter of principle, 4 No. mobile contracts taken out with Three through Quidco, cash back owed in the region of £200

Sadly, Three are one of those notorious merchants who abuse cashback sites.
    Quidco are responsible for passing on the cashback, Three are responsible for ensuring applicable cashback is passed on.
    Maybe look at Three on a mis-selling of contract?
    Non-payment of promoted cashback via their appointed agent.
    Assuming you've done everything correct of course.
    Three are obviously regulated, so you have somewhere to go if Three failed you.
    Again, good luck. It does appear to be the 'silly season' though with cashback sites!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!

To gain extra feedback and possible similar experiences, maybe post something similar on the mobiles thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

There are actually some very helpful and knowledgeable posters.
    Hopefully someone has suffered like yourself and 'won'.
  • PSW
    PSW Posts: 46 Forumite
    Some good news to report, finally managed to get Quidco to cough up & have now received payment.

Very frustrating to deal with and I can see why a some give up.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    PSW wrote: »
    Some good news to report, finally managed to get Quidco to cough up & have now received payment.

Very frustrating to deal with and I can see why a some give up.

Well done and excellent news.
    Hope that helps others. At times. you have to fight.
    Sadly, Quidco aren't the worst to deal with!
    All anyone wants really is to receive what was promoted and not to be duped!
  • PSW
    PSW Posts: 46 Forumite
    B_M wrote: »
    All anyone wants really is to receive what was promoted and not to be duped!

100% agree with this, it baffles me when some say things like: "look at it as an added bonus, if you don't get it, it's nothing lost".
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    PSW wrote: »
    100% agree with this, it baffles me when some say things like: "look at it as an added bonus, if you don't get it, it's nothing lost".

Luckily, Ombudsmen and regulatory bodies and I'd imagine Courts don't see cashback promotions as a 'game of chance'.

If members want to be 'Silly Billy's' - or insert a stronger term - so be it. I definitely want what's promoted.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can anyone help. Have just had 3 bonus payments declined, how do I know which bonus relates to which purchase as nothing seems to be date related? Also I have no purchases actually showing as declined in my account. How can the bonuses be declined before purchases declined?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have an entry on my Quidco activity dated 26th January 2018 as Quidco Bonus and showing as 0.00.

I cannot remember a bonus being offered on that date and cannot work out what it relates to.

Can anyone throw any light on this please?.

Thank you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure