Small NI stamp

Options

Comments

• linda1949
    Options
    Hi
    From 16-21 I paid full stamp then 2 years small stamp then I was part time for a a couple of years so not sure if I paid a full stamp then! (but thought my husband's contribution counted as I brought up the children. Then worked until I was 60 so I think I have paid at least 35.
  • linda1949
    Options
    Hi Must be a lot of people with name Linda and dob then! Just one I could remember at my age!
  • linda1949
    linda1949 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Atush - thank you. Will look into changing it. Just looked but can't see anything to change username. Any ideas?
  • linda1949
    Options
    Thanks Ermine - But I had paid full NI contributions when I divorced and was working to keep my 2 young children and thereafter till I retired!
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2017 at 12:17PM
    Options
    Atush - thank you. Will look into changing it. Just looked but can't see anything to change username. Any ideas?
    Nothing wrong with your user name.
    The comment was related to the Title of this thread
    ( scroll up a bit to see it)
    The Thread title is same as your username, rather than something related to your particular question, which would be more normal as a Thread title

You can change the Thread title by editing the original post , and using the Go Advanced button
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    linda1949 wrote: »
    Hi
    From 16-21 I paid full stamp then 2 years small stamp then I was part time for a a couple of years so not sure if I paid a full stamp then! (but thought my husband's contribution counted as I brought up the children. Then worked until I was 60 so I think I have paid at least 35.

I may have missed it, but have you said what you actually get ? As you retired before 2010 you would have needed 39 full years to qualify for the full amount of 'basic' state pension then.
  • ermine
    ermine Posts: 757 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    linda1949 wrote: »
    Thanks Ermine - But I had paid full NI contributions when I divorced and was working to keep my 2 young children and thereafter till I retired!

You said that
    From 16-21 I paid full stamp then 2 years small stamp then I was part time for a a couple of years
    if you were not working for the 2 years small stamp then it is possible Home Responsibilties Protection may have applied. After you divorced you will get the normal SP accrual because you were paying NI at the same rate as anyone else.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What does your March letter from DWP show for

Basic State Pension

Additional State pension

Graduated Pension?
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you checked that the NI info they have for you is correct? And that they have the correct date for your divorce. An error like this is very rare so just clutching at straws
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing wrong with your user name.
    The comment was related to the Title of this thread
    ( scroll up a bit to see it)
    The Thread title is same as your username, rather than something related to your particular question, which would be more normal as a Thread title

You can change the Thread title by editing the original post , and using the Go Advanced button

It can become a problem over time as additional information is added was my point. And yes changing the hread title will gain more readers and information
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure