Eon Reporting To Equifax

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am confused by the searches carried out. I have only ever had a hard search done at commencement of contract. Every month is reported but not searched.
  • Chip47
    Chip47 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Head and brick wall!

Step 1. Enter a query with ClearScore. ClearScore pass to Equifax;

"We understand you recently viewed your ClearScore credit report and requested that some information be changed. ClearScore have passed your request to us here at Equifax so that we can look into it for you.

Step 2. Equifax respond; "We acknowledge your comments concerning the details on your query. We apologise, however we don't have access on how Clearscore is computing your credit score, we can only suggest that you contact Clearscore directly to verify this information"

Anyone any suggestions where I turn next?

• Chip47
    It all comes down to managing to speak to the correct person, somewhat of a telephone lottery!

A hard search was carried out in error. EON have now corrected this and Equifax are deleting it, so my ClearScore credit rating will return to 'as was' before the incident begun :o)

Only took a week, ten e-mails and eight telephone calls, but there we go. This incident was purely a human error, just a shame it was exacerbated by further human error.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Chip47 wrote: »
    Thanks Malc, I complained to EON and they have investigated. EON did nothing different in May 2017 than they have, every month, for the past two years. I am now waiting for an explaination from Equifax as to how they made a standard 'soft search' into something it wasn't! I am currently waiting with bated breath, as contacting Equifax is a drama in itself ;o)
    It all comes down to managing to speak to the correct person, somewhat of a telephone lottery!

A hard search was carried out in error. EON have now corrected this and Equifax are deleting it, so my ClearScore credit rating will return to 'as was' before the incident begun :o)

Only took a week, ten e-mails and eight telephone calls, but there we go. This incident was purely a human error, just a shame it was exacerbated by further human error.

Glad it's finally sorted Chip47 and thanks for letting me know.

I'm sorry it took so long to put right and for doing a hard search when we shouldn't have.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Chip47
    Thanks Malc, your apology was appreciated as the Customer Services person I spoke to today didn't actually apologise, but then in fairness, she didn't know it had been an on-going saga ~ she just fixed it.
    Thanks Malc, your apology was appreciated as the Customer Services person I spoke to today didn't actually apologise, but then in fairness, she didn't know it had been an on-going saga ~ she just fixed it.

No worries Chip47. Glad to help even if just to say sorry when we've done something wrong.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    So after mentioning earlier in the thread that I'd never had any mention of E.ON on my credit reports (since I started checking them) while a customer of E.ON, this months Equifax report has a new credit account added:

Created by "EON UK" on the day I transferred away and updated monthly.

Now I know I've suggested I'd be open to returning to E.ON with the right deal, but I don't see what right they have to keep an active account on my report when I am no longer a customer and all outstanding accounts have been settled?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    Raxiel wrote: »
    So after mentioning earlier in the thread that I'd never had any mention of E.ON on my credit reports (since I started checking them) while a customer of E.ON, this months Equifax report has a new credit account added:

Created by "EON UK" on the day I transferred away and updated monthly.

Now I know I've suggested I'd be open to returning to E.ON with the right deal, but I don't see what right they have to keep an active account on my report when I am no longer a customer and all outstanding accounts have been settled?

Morning Raxiel and sorry we've caused you concern about your credit report.

This is very much like the issue molerat reported earlier in the thread (posts #71 and #73). To be honest, I don't know why this is happening so I've raised it with the part of the business that look after Datashare issues. I'll let you know more as soon as they come back to me. Probably be next week now as I'm not in until next Tuesday.

Speak later Raxiel.

Malc
  • Chip47
    Malc,

During the time we were not with EON, Jan 2017 until May 2017, EON were still reporting to Equifax. It is as if the reporting is set to automatic and then not ever turned off. The question is, why are EON the only utility supplier that are reporting to credit agencies? I have checked Equifax, Experian and CallCredit, and my only utility, that reports, is EON. I appreciate that technically EON's use of the credit report system should potentially stop bad debt for the company, however, this does mean EON should have a responsibilty NOT to make incorrect searches and not to continue searches once a customer leaves!

Whilst I have been told that my credit report will be corrected, I am still waiting for it to happen. EON need to appreciate that it is one big hassle to correct errors and can take three months for a customers credit report to be corrected, all because someone ticked the 'hard' search box, rather than the 'soft' search box!
    edited 28 June 2017 at 10:34AM
    Malc,

During the time we were not with EON, Jan 2017 until May 2017, EON were still reporting to Equifax. It is as if the reporting is set to automatic and then not ever turned off. The question is, why are EON the only utility supplier that are reporting to credit agencies? I have checked Equifax, Experian and CallCredit, and my only utility, that reports, is EON. I appreciate that technically EON's use of the credit report system should potentially stop bad debt for the company, however, this does mean EON should have a responsibilty NOT to make incorrect searches and not to continue searches once a customer leaves!

Whilst I have been told that my credit report will be corrected, I am still waiting for it to happen. EON need to appreciate that it is one big hassle to correct errors and can take three months for a customers credit report to be corrected, all because someone ticked the 'hard' search box, rather than the 'soft' search box!

Know where you're coming from Chip47. It's never good when things go wrong and I'm sorry you had a bad experience following the credit check we did.

We've been sharing with Equifax for a number of years now and, as with anything, sometimes it goes wrong. Whether this is as a result of human error or a system glitch, we've arrangements in place to sort these situations. You did the right thing and went down our complaints route so the mistake could be highlighted and put right.

As I said to Raxiel, at the moment, I don't know why we're sharing on closed accounts with no outstanding balances. This is something I'm looking into with our Datashare people and I'll update this thread once I have the details.

Similarly, I don't know which other energy suppliers share with Credit Reference Agencies. We find, as well as helping us offer suitable payment terms to customers, it helps us manage our debt situation more effectively too. Also, for customers who pay promptly, it has a positive impact on their external credit score.

Sorry again you had a bad experience Chip47. As above, I'll update this thread when I've more information.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback