New TSB app

Comments

• I am using the new Android app. I think it is clearer but still can't see a function to set up payments also is the huge balance the available balance would be good to be clear with this. Would also be good to be able to adjust/apply for an overdraft. It is a step in the right direction and hope they add functionality in the future.

I am not even able to find a new tsb app for android in the play store
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I just installed the 'TSB New Mobile Banking' Android app, out of curiosity, so now I have both on my phone, which has no fingerprint sensor.

It seems ok, and probably sensible to let people use it and give feedback without being immediately forced to use it in place of the old one, so that it can be developed and updated accordingly. I can see that the quality of a banking app is going become increasingly important.

The app shows any Direct Debits set up on the account, unlike the old one. I was surprised to see that the two DDs from the account I am switching to TSB are already listed, even though the switch is not due to complete until 24/03 (three more days) - so that was useful.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I am not even able to find a new tsb app for android in the play store

I just searched the Play store for TSB and the app was displayed as TSB New Mobile Banking.

I prefer the old app, but that's probably familiarity - especially as I also use the Lloyds and the Halifax app. But it is good to see progress, especially with new functionality like being able to set up payees from within the app, like the LBG apps.

Not sure about the new functionality on the login page (for me), though the branch locator may be handy if I was stuck.

And yes, the font is HUGE!
  • Doctor_Duke
    Doctor_Duke Posts: 303 Forumite
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    You're right, the font is enormous. I felt rather uncomfortable using the new app on the bus because anybody close by could easily see my bank balance. I don't know why they've made it so large, we aren't all short sighted. They could easily reduce the size and still make it perfectly legible. It would also allow them to fit more information onto the screen.

Totally agree far too bloody big and plenty of room for "available balance"! I did find how to set up a payment was buried in the options. :D
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The new app didn't seem to be working too well yesterday afternoon, kept displaying 'Receiving data' - while the old app seemed perfectly fine. Still seems to be a little slow this morning.
  • Doctor_Duke
    Doctor_Duke Posts: 303 Forumite
    I went back to using the old app today. In my view, it is much better if only it had direct debits and pending transactions that's probably all it needed adding to it.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The new app looks good...

Will TSB Be updating their website any time soon??
  • I installed the new TSB app. a few days ago and it has been using as much battery as my screen!!! I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, how have you resolved it?
  • greenorange
    greenorange Posts: 327 Forumite
    jamie_02 wrote: »
    but seems slicker and quicker than first direct.

The bar's very low when it comes to trumping First Direct's offerings.

HSBC will shortly be releasing an entirely new app to replace their ancient sluggish app.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I installed the new TSB app. a few days ago and it has been using as much battery as my screen!!! I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, how have you resolved it?

Everybody's having that problem. If you read the reviews of the app on Google Play Store you'll see there are loads of complaints about it. I don't know what it's like on IOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure