Best eco/heat logs?

2»

Comments

• Laura_88
    Laura_88 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Sorry when I said coal & logs together I meant smokeless, always forget to add the smokeless!! Thanks so much for the tips! Is it ok to just burn smokeless coal then? It won't clog the liner up?
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,848
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Laura_88 wrote: »
    Sorry when I said coal & logs together I meant smokeless, always forget to add the smokeless!! Thanks so much for the tips! Is it ok to just burn smokeless coal then? It won't clog the liner up?

Smokeless should be absolutely fine. Try several brands though as they are different and some suit some stoves better than others. If it is any help, I have found Taybrite a pretty good compromise on price/performance,
  • I burn only wood on my woodburner, a Hunter 8 with grate removed so the wood is burnt on a bed of ash. Mostly this is firewood logs from a local supplier who does a very fair deal, and I season them myself by storing over two summers before burning. As wood is my main heating method I get through a lot of it, and recently I decided to supplement my supply with briquettes. After a good market scour I settled on the Woodfuel Co-operative and bought a one ton pallet of varied types. Having just received this I've only tried the hardwood RUF blocks (which are good), but the other stuff received looks good quality. I included bark ones which I plan to try burning overnight with. I would personally not go for the Verdo ones, which I thought were less compact and lower quality, but if you want to take a look go to the woodfuel coop website (they are based in Dumfries). Whilst not the very cheapest I think they are worth it over cheaper products around, e.g on ebay. Hope this helps.
  • Skulls
    Skulls Posts: 369
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just bought 20 packs of the Verdo ones to try. Only burnt 3 logs so far over 2 days. It's not that cold. They are on par with UK Heatlogs if not a little better.
    They don't flame as long as the UK Heatlogs but, give out a good heat and only paid £2.49 per 10Kg pack so will update in a few days. Very good for storing as they are almost rectangular.
  • How how you found the verdos?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport