Mortgage with bad credit history...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and am seeking advice about mortgages - I am looking to get a 97 or 95% mortgage at the moment and have some bad credit still on my credit file - it is all in hand with the CCCS but unfortunately one of my creditors did manage to get a CCJ against me before I took up my account with the CCCS - it is being paid off now though - would this be a huge problem with getting a mortgage? Just how flexible are lenders these days?

Since the CCJ in 2004 I have been paying off all my debts with CCCS, taken out no more credit and have saved a deposit of over 5% towards a mortgage - in other words, I have learned my lesson!!!

I have not yet approached a financial advisor/broker but I wondered whether anyone on here has managed to obtain a fairly decent rate on their mortgage with bad credit history - and does anyone know who are the best lenders to approach in such a situation?

Thanks for any help given!!!

Comments

• arfon100
    arfon100 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi Welshlass, I'm no expert but we got a mortgage with abbey last year at a rate of 5.44% even though we had a ccj in 2000 - I applied over the phone and explained how the ccj came about - they said they could accept us provided we could show that we are now paying off the debt, so I sent them our payment schedule together with our id and payslips etc, so they could be worth a try for you? Good luck [ps I'm from Wales too]
    Arfon :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport