Nursery fees

The nursery my DD attends is lovely and she's really settled in. However, if my child (or any child) is off for any reason (e.g. sickness/holiday etc) I still pay for the days as they are holding her place for me, which I am happy to pay and was aware of this when I signed the contract. But, I know that the nursery will have other children in on these days as extras for last minute emergencies etc for families as there's a child off so it won't affect radio's. Then, they also charge the child having the extra day too! I just feel that this is unfair on all parties as the nursery are effectively being paid twice for one session. Is this even allowed?

Comments

• Yes unfortunately and something that I think pretty much every nursery does unfortunately.
  • Sibz
    Sibz Posts: 389 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Is it a private nursery? If so - they are businesses and as such entitled to make money as they see fit (so long as it's not compromising H&S concerns or quality of service) - which in those situations they are not.

If it's your childs' space then they have it and others cannot use it when your child is there. Some of these 'emergency' children may want to remain but would ultimately be told it's not possible (because you're paying).
    I can't imagine there are perpetual groups of roving parents touring nurseries on their way to work each morning to deposit their child randomly, surely these things happening are rare?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure