20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I had a little book that lived in the car with all the key measurements for curtains/furniture spaces so I always had access to the info. I guess these days notes on your phone would do the same thing.

Hope you have a good day
    Excellent idea. Thanks Redo I'll add a page to my bullet journal with measurements.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am dog tired. Long work day and a new set of students in the evening. I ate well all day then blew it at 9pm by buying nuts and a Bounty bar :( I am up writing this so the nuts and chocolate can be digested :(

During the Summer when I have a second job I accept it will be hard. Come Autumn my term will be at an end and my 4 day week arrives too. It will get easier and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so I can keep going.

MSE wise I am emptying my freezer completely so when I go on holiday I can turn the fridge/freezer off and clean it. I will save on electricity whilst I am away. I need a monthly shop but I am going to make do until after my holiday too.

The money I save on shopping I will need to pay for my car insurance.

I need it to be Sunday right now so I can kick back a little. Not long to go.

Wishing you a bright tomorrow :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope that you slept ok and feel better this morning. At least nuts and coconut are fairly healthy.
  • doingitanyway
    edited 8 June 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
    All good here thanks Redo. Slept like a log after such a tiring day.

Thursday is the worst. I get an all zones travel pass so it costs to get there. Thinking about how to maximise the (paid for) travel and not be so hard on myself. I have now booked a half day for the rest of my teaching dates. I will use the afternoon to visit a gallery in town or a museum of just read and have coffee and people watch. I will have time to eat before my class too. On another teaching day I have a facial, manicure and pedicure in town day (beauty training college) then onto teaching in the evening.

WFH and not stressful today :)

Credit on my phone and lots of reconnecting: with a relative, arranged another squirrel problem meeting, texted godson, arranged to meet a former colleague next month. Sorted some new dates for college too.

I am using up the freezer contents and I found some lentils and a small bit of turkey mince and some turtle beans. I have made a pretty decent chilli even if I say so myself :)
    Cauliflower rice prepped and in fridge ready for the chilli.

Drudge
    Dishes X3
    Airing clothes outside
    Wash sorted
    Bins and recycling sorted

Feeling positive today and pleased I sat down and thought through how I can be less exhausted on Thursdays. There is always a way forward if you take time to find it :)

Hope you are all having good days out there :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A plasterer quote booked for Tuesday
    A 'sorting out the squirrels' follow up appointment for today
    Another plasterer texted to arrange a quote

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Another plasterer confirmed to come out on Monday to provide a quote

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You really are motoring on with getting those quotes, well done you!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You really are motoring on with getting those quotes, well done you!
    Thanks Redo :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I seem to be retraining my taste for sugar and salt. I have never enjoyed over salted food preferring spices to season but now even lightly salted ranges of crisps taste excessively salty. I’ve been drinking refreshingly light tonic water as it is naturally lightly sugared but now they taste too sweet for me. With chocolate I have crept up over the past few years from 70% to 85%. But last week I tried 90% and I really like it :)

I have my booze under control. Never a big drinker, but it was becoming a habit to destress with a glass of wine or (two) more evenings than not. Now I allow drinking on average once a week, if I bother at all :beer:

I am taking my vitamins and iron and I have a green smoothie with berries every few days. :)

I am handling stress better and I am much less anxious about having workmen here :)

I have made huge efforts not to over schedule my free time as I have accepted I need a day a week completely alone and free of appointments so I can recharge

It is true I am still fat and my exercise levels are complete rubbish ( I will target these after my failure with SW) :o but there are some good things going on too.

I could do better, much better, but this is not too shabby :)

Have a good day reader :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done on the positive steps towards your health I don't take salt in my food never liked it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure