Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Despite telling them at the very beginning of the contract I do not want a smart meter and this was duly noted on the account, I received a call from their smart meter dept today who said I am calling to fix the smart meter. I certainly told him in no uncertain terms, it was not required. However by his tone he appeared to give me the impression it was mandatory. Obviously I know it is not.
  • Lither
    Lither Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm thinking of switching to Eversmart as their prices are better than others for me (2.93p kWh / 16.03p standing charge for gas and 11.29p kWh / 22.76p standing charge for electricity) but was wondering do they bill monthly or quarterly and do they charge you for what you use or a fixed amount every month and then goes to credit?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lither wrote: »
    I'm thinking of switching to Eversmart as their prices are better than others for me (2.93p kWh / 16.03p standing charge for gas and 11.29p kWh / 22.76p standing charge for electricity) but was wondering do they bill monthly or quarterly and do they charge you for what you use or a fixed amount every month and then goes to credit?

I can only go my experience. I have a credit account with them and pay in advance a fixed amount. I give them regular meter reads on line and to date have never received a bill. I have been with them for 3 months and thought one was generated each month.

However I know actually how I stand so not worried. Also no complaints except for the smart meter issue.
  • micu
    micu Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Have decided to go with eversmart as it saves me £14 /month.. They sent me a link to set up my account. Then today I received an email asking for my meter readings. Took them and tried to enter them via my account. Wouldn't take them. Rang eversmart and after a five minute wait the phone was answered. After explaining what had happened I was told I couldn't enter the readings today due to some info required from my present supplier. I didn't understand any of it. Why ask for the readings if they already knew I couldn't enter them? The person I was speaking to said I could wait until tomorrow to put them in or he would take the readings and do it for me. I gave him the readings. Now waiting to see what happens. Fingers Crossed!!
  • quaybab
    quaybab Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    resolver.co.uk refuses to include this company so don't expect eversmart to be operating for very long.
  • Kidsfirst
    Options
    Joined up ok wth no issues but had a number of calls to arrange for a smart meter to be fitted. Good news is that they have given me date for the end of August, which is more then EDF or Scottish power offered. So far so good.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    quaybab wrote: »
    resolver.co.uk refuses to include this company so don't expect eversmart to be operating for very long.

Interesting;...could you expand a little please.
  • bri160356
    Options
    I’ve just been on a few comparison sites and it seems EversmartEnergy’s Welcome-home tariff is listed as ‘variable’ on MSE and Uswitch which makes it a no-no for me.

However, on Citizens Advice it is listed as 12-months fixed tariff!;…I’ve tried to get a quote from Eversmarts website but that is a bit problematic,…it doesn’t allow me to enter the my correct address for both gas& electricity, which is a bit odd.

It’s probably me not understanding the comparison sites terminology properly but could someone please enlighten me. Is MSE and Uswitch wrong?

Thanks.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I’ve just been on a few comparison sites and it seems EversmartEnergy’s Welcome-home tariff is listed as ‘variable’ on MSE and Uswitch which makes it a no-no for me.

However, on Citizens Advice it is listed as 12-months fixed tariff!;…I’ve tried to get a quote from Eversmarts website but that is a bit problematic,…it doesn’t allow me to enter the my correct address for both gas& electricity, which is a bit odd.

It’s probably me not understanding the comparison sites terminology properly but could someone please enlighten me. Is MSE and Uswitch wrong?

Thanks.

I signed up a few weeks ago to their Welcome Home tariff. This message prompted me to check the details in my Welcome Pack, which states the price is guaranteed until 5 Aug 19. I subsequently re-checked MSE and it states that the price is Variable.

I am happy that I have price guarantee for the next 12 months, but it is strange that the same tariff name has different terms.
  • bri160356
    Options
    I signed up a few weeks ago to their Welcome Home tariff. This message prompted me to check the details in my Welcome Pack, which states the price is guaranteed until 5 Aug 19. I subsequently re-checked MSE and it states that the price is Variable.

I am happy that I have price guarantee for the next 12 months, but it is strange that the same tariff name has different terms.

With reference to my post #169 I managed to get a quote on Eversmart’s website by fudging the address of my gas supply (I used next door’s address!) and the quote it gave me was this:

Welcome Home
    • £1198.16 /year
    • 12 months fixed rate
    • No exit fees
    • No minimum term

Prompted by this quote (of sorts!) which clearly shows that it’s a 12 months fixed tariff I rang Eversmart.

The phone was answered after a 4 minute wait, which for Saturday morning, isn’t bad to be fair. There certainly seemed to be lots of background phone activity in their office;…not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

I asked them why their ‘Welcome Home’ tariff appears as ‘variable’ on some websites and the guy said that’s because it actually IS a variable tariff,…but if you phone them or go through their website then they can offer it as a fixed rate tariff. I found this part of our conversation a little confusing tbh,…however, he did assure me that ‘Welcome Home’ would be a fixed tariff for me, despite his opening comment! :doh:

I signed up for a switch from Avro to Yorkshire Energy just 3 days ago but if I’d known Eversmart were offering this fixed rate tariff I’d have given it some serious consideration;…it’s £110 a year cheaper than my Yorkshire Energy tariff.

Mr Eversmart said he’d email me with the full quote;…it’s not arrived yet though.

So, what do you ‘Eversmarters’ reckon,…. should I carry on with my switch to Yorkshire Energy, or should I sign up with Eversmarts ‘Welcome Home’ tariff? …decisions, decisions.

P.S. Mr Eversmart seemed quite keen to push the Smart Meter angle during our relatively short phone call. I actually have ‘dumb’ Smart-Meters at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure