Wealthsimple offer...anyone actually qualify??

Options
I signed up for the Wealthsimple ISA and deposited some funds as soon as I received the Moneysavingexpert email last night.

I got an email today saying that it had been very popular and the first 500 accounts had already signed up so I wouldn't qualify for the £100 cashback.

I have to say I'm suspicious and find it hard to believe that 500 people signed up so quickly......anyone else get this email?

More importantly, has anyone actually qualified for the £100?

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 August 2018 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Yes we know at least 2 people with 498 to find. See other thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5882342
  • bbqforce10
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
    Interesting to see that people who signed up today managed to get the offer but I didn't despite signing up last night.
    I only deposited £500 but the Wealthsimple site said that I had until a date in November to have deposited a total of £1000 to get the cashback offer. Clearly I misunderstood the precise terms.......frustrating waste of time.....not a great experience
  • TheLastMongoose
    Options
    You could try emailing them back and asking them to reconsider seeing as you've already signed up and invested £500 and intended to add the rest shortly. They must realise that if they say no you will leave and presumably they wanted good publicity from this so they might let you off?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure