Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The ramblings of Mchambers!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Sidshorty wrote: »
    I have been paid my £125 four times.They have not taken it back yet and I am saying nowt.

Would love to see a screen shot of that - would be a star post amongst lots of star posts in this forum!
  • Spoke to a Natwest adviser via chat and was told to wait until Monday as they have been experiencing 'technological issues'
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have been paid my £125 four times.They have not taken it back yet and I am saying nowt.

Cue Natwest analysts running a simple query to identify the scope of anyone who has had > 1 inventive.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite

I rest my case veryintrigued
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.

No, you are misrepresenting what was said. We said that you had no complaint until after the deadline passed, and that you were just wasting your time before that. You can't complain about something that you think is going to happen, only something that has happened!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Spoke to a Natwest adviser via chat and was told to wait until Monday as they have been experiencing 'technological issues'
    I rest my case again veryintrigued.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    you say nonsense but if people had made enquiries regarding the switch it might have led natwest to realise they weren't going to make the deadline of friday. i haven't even contacted them yet i'll do so on monday but i stand by my comment that the naysayers helped natwest cause this problem as they were advising people not to make contact something that now most sensible people would realise was a mistake.
    In what scenario is it 'sensible' to complain to a bank that its payment is late before it is actually due, and prompt them to make a payment before it is late - thus depriving yourself of an additional £25+

You are repeatedly using the word "naysayers" about people who stated a fact:- the payment was not 'late' until midnight last night.

Can you not understand these 'naysayers' were trying to assist people a) avoid wasting their time and b) to acheive something better than having their payment boringly made on time. It seems like some people just don't want to be helped.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Cue Natwest analysts running a simple query to identify the scope of anyone who has had > 1 inventive.

Never before has a mistyping been so apt ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I rest my case again veryintrigued.

You can't rest your case again - once it's rested, it's rested!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure