Siemens oven

I have some marks on the inner glass door of the oven. I have taken the door off but still cant get into the inner glass. Has anyone any ideas?

I thought about poking something through a vent to get to it but cant find anything small enough with a cloth on the end. The marks are at the bottom

Its only a year old

Comments

• tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    unfortunately you have to take the whole door apart to get to it, I know from experience.
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Did you take it all apart?
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    you can remove the back glass by taking all the screws out yes i did it with a zanussi oven we had.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    And I've done it with our Neff.

Not a big job, just needs care.
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Once I take the door off I cant see how to get to the internal glass at all. Do I need to take the door hinges off to actually remove the whole door? I have only been taking the door front off
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JEN22 wrote: »
    Once I take the door off I cant see how to get to the internal glass at all. Do I need to take the door hinges off to actually remove the whole door? I have only been taking the door front off

There are a mind bending large number of "how to" maintain/ clean/ dismantle/ repair xxx electrical item/ appliance/ vehicle on YouTube. Might well be a Siemens oven door or three.

Unless you already tried that? :o
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    JEN22 wrote: »

not familiar with your model, ther will be screws somewhere have you looked around the edges (not the big flat bits) hmmm just looked at my cheap Beko door and it appears to be complicated (hidden screws 3 layers of glass) there could be some plastic trim which needs taking off to reveal screws or the glass could be bonded to the frame????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure