Help with a new credit card

Hi all,

This is my first post, I got an Amex from years, but now I moved abroad, I live in Malta now, now I looking for a credit card with a good rewards program but in euro, I would like not to pay much of membership for the program, is there anything like that ?
Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You'll need to ask a more local forum. This is a UK site and I doubt you'll get much expertise about Malta.
  • My bank account is in UK and I only need a credit card in euro instead of pound
  • You need to inform your uk bank that you’ve moved as well
  • Already did, but they can offer me any Cc for that reason but they are ok for the account
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Why would a UK based lender give you a credit card in euros when you’re not even based in the UK - how do you propose to pass their credit checks.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2019 at 11:33AM
    Probably the most obvious is the HBC Expat credit card but to get that you need the HSBC Expat account which in turn requires minimum total deposits of £60,000.

Phone Amex and change the currency on your account. Probably if you have informed Amex of a change of address to Malta they will already have done that. Depending on the card you might have to downgrade.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Why would a UK based lender give you a credit card in euros when you’re not even based in the UK - how do you propose to pass their credit checks.
    Em I have a Credit card in USD from a UK based lender. It's not uncommon. Just depends what currency you have in your accounts.
  • I have UK bank account from 2005 and amex customer from 2013 I just need on card in euro
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure