IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

A.S.Parking (newquay)

Comments

• Another interesting turn of events this morning.

I dropped the BPA a quick email last night to see if this company is indeed a member, as advertised on all there signage, the PCN issued, and also, the NTK I received.

Turns out they WERE members, this lapsed on the 28.08.15, they have been given 6 months to remove all logos involving the BPA logo or else legal action will be taken.

Bang goes the appeal process then.
  • steve9881 wrote: »
    Another interesting turn of events this morning.

I dropped the BPA a quick email last night to see if this company is indeed a member, as advertised on all there signage, the PCN issued, and also, the NTK I received.

Turns out they WERE members, this lapsed on the 28.08.15, they have been given 6 months to remove all logos involving the BPA logo or else legal action will be taken.

Bang goes the appeal process then.

date of offence = 18-08-2015 was the date of your first posting , and you state "hi all, became victim last monday to these, "

so that's either the 11/08 or 17/08 , therefore this lot WERE a member of the BPA at the time , and as such you are entitled to a POPLa code
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 September 2015 at 10:17AM
    AS Parking joined the IAS AOS on 01/05/15, so the only appeals process open to you would be via the IAS; POPLA (the BPA second stage appeal process) was never open to you.

Their 'lapsing of membership' on 28/08/15 was more than likely relating to being a corporate member of the overarching BPA organisation, rather than specifically from the BPA AOS - resignation from this would have been at the point of joining the IPC AOS.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • this maybe nothing but i just noticed that the link theipc.info links to the international parking community not the independent parking community ? .. is this a scam ?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    correct , its no longer independent , and has gone international since they got a member from Yorkshire
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Please read the RAC information. A Parking Charge Notice is not backed by law but a Penalty Charge Notice is. It is possible for the issuer to collect the charge via a small claims court however this costs money. The charge is arranged by the land owner and very often it is an unreasonable amount (usual legal charge of a PCN backed by law is normally around £30). If you are taken to court then you can argue the case its not a reasonable charge taking into account all the costs of issuing the ticket and administration against the parking charge that you were meant to pay initially. Mine was £1 for 12 hours which I missed the sign and they tried to charge me £100. My advice is do not acknowledge the ticket and wait for a response via post and go to court.
  • Did you go to court? I parked in Perranporth and paid £2 for two hours. The ticket fell off the window and we were served a Parking Charge Notice to pay £60 within two weeks or after £100. I have looked on their website and it says do not appeal if it falls off the window. When we left the car it was definitely stuck on there. I went to pay the fine online and it says their website is not secure so now wondering if I should pay it.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,017 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 August 2018 at 9:12AM
    Nibbles44 wrote: »
    Did you go to court? I parked in Perranporth and paid £2 for two hours. The ticket fell off the window and we were served a Parking Charge Notice to pay £60 within two weeks or after £100. I have looked on their website and it says do not appeal if it falls off the window. When we left the car it was definitely stuck on there. I went to pay the fine online and it says their website is not secure so now wondering if I should pay it.

Why have you hi-jacked a three year old thread, do you think the OP still comes back here to check it?

Please start your own thread after reading the newbies thread where all is explained.

You are being scammed, those Q&A's are there to persuade you to cave in and pay up,they are factually incorrect in some instances, and try to trap you into naming the driver, why do you want to pay scammers?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    wondering if I should pay it.

Why on earth would ANYONE pay a private parking charge when here on MSE?

You need to click 2 clicks back (see my signature below for where to click).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi all, I parked at Riviere Towans car Park in July 18. I am disabled with blue badge but bought a ticket anyway. This was about to expire so I went to get another from the machine. I had a problem with the coins and when I got to the car I was greeted with a sticker on screen. Everybody including the bar staff in the Bluff inn say, "they cant enforce it" "dont pay it happens all the time" are they bluffing me? who do I believe? Any advice would be very welcome. Btw the fine is now £160
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure