Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• Sounds good, apple.

Darling Christmas list from your DD!
  • Turns out that much of the day was spent clearing up the remnants of the cancelled trip. Still need to spend tomorrow on it too...

Dd enjoyed another brownies session. However, that girl, the one causing her so much grief at school, started there today. So we went down early in order to talk to Barn Owl (why not Brown Owl?????) and she had already had a phone call from another mum about said child. She was very good and dd was happy and reassured. So, after 2 stressed days prior to it, it went okay.

I got 450 kettlebell swings done. I was glad to get over 400 but 500 was just too much today.

I had a mooch round a few ch shops after work. Not really in the spirit of Nov, but I needed to have a walk in the blustery weather. For £3.60 I got some more grey fabric for my craft project, a beautiful fleece for dd to grow into, about 4 strings of lovely butterflies, and a craft magazine. Worth losing an NSD for. And I'd forgotten that I'd get blown about taking dd to and from brownies - a bonus!

Dd asked what was on my Christmas list. When I replied that I had an Oyster card holder and sports bras on it, she said, 'Oh mummy, those are needs. Now, what do you want? Is there a book you'd like?' Ain't she great??!!

Dh continues to improve but is feeling decidedly washed out today.

Money matters? Still got some in the account, so pottering on... Dh is making sure dss pays him before the rent goes out from his account...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Tis lunchtime!

I have my y13s before and after lunch and have sent them to find out what a 'partitive article' is. Told them not to bother asking the English department...! (apologies to any English departmental people out there, but last time I asked them if they knew what a 'preceeding direct object pronoun' was, they looked very blank!)

So, the sun is shining and I kind of feel I should get out for a walk, so I may go around the block...

Parents' eve after work, so will be loitering and lingering. Luckily I have my knitting here so will probably put some music on and chill.
  • I think Barn Owl is down the pecking order from Brown Owl.
    They also have Tawny Owl.
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you small!

A good day has been had. A walk around the block both before work and at lumchtime, excellent classes with y11 and y10, where I was able to get on and mooch through a load of online resources to download. I knitted 1 hat before the parents eve, which went well but was full on, as ever.

Got home 7.25, ate tea, brought dd upstairs and am now sat with her. Nowt prepared for tomorrow yet!
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you small!

A good day has been had. A walk around the block both before work and at lumchtime, excellent classes with y11 and y10, where I was able to get on and mooch through a load of online resources to download. I knitted 1 hat before the parents eve, which went well but was full on, as ever.

Got home 7.25, ate tea, brought dd upstairs and am now sat with her. Nowt prepared for tomorrow yet!
  • apple_muncher
    Tis now tomorrow. The alarm came all to soon...
  • Tell me about it.... can't wait til it's bedtime again...!
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Ooph. My paid work is over for another week. 2 wet breaks = a rather tiring day. But some lovely classes were had and I still was home to collect dd from taekwondo.

Dh's eye check was not favorable as the pressure has risen to unacceptable again and the flap is healing when it shouldn't be... If the same happens next week a minor op to loosen the sutures may be needed. It is amazing what they can do!

Crafting is just not happening at the mo - just as well I did so much earlier in the year. Must get the 4 bunnies complete... Stitching, turning, stuffing, attaching....

Tomorrow:
    - school run - mufti day
    - library
    - aldee
    - washing
    - sweep floors
    - markimg
    - bunnies
    - bag to Sally Army
    - possibly 800 KB swimgs as I only managed 200 today
    - do a price list for fair
    - email re my fair - table location - if I can get to be by the climbing bars then I can squish bunnies in between the bars - extra display area!
    - collect friend and go to craft evening
    - prepare my bits for selling there and take things to make whilst there (also need prepping - have no idea what to do)

I definitely need to find space to relax and unwind. Despite dh being off and seeing to dd most mornings and after school, I still feel like I am always rushing to 'get things done'. He has made dinner most evenings, so it may be I am missing out on veggies! Actually had to bin a cauli today as it had gone off all the way through. Grrr.

• Tomorrow:
    - school run - mufti day :T
    - library
    - aldee :T
    - washing :T
    - sweep floors :T
    - markimg
    - bunnies
    - bag to Sally Army
    - possibly 800 KB swimgs as I only managed 200 today
    - do a price list for fair
    - email re my fair - table location - if I can get to be by the climbing bars then I can squish bunnies in between the bars - extra display area! :T
    - collect friend and go to craft evening
    - prepare my bits for selling there and take things to make whilst there (also need prepping - have no idea what to do)

A change of plan as I am hot/cold/feeble :(. Between us, dh and I make up about 50% of a functioning person!

Took car to aldee. Popped to bank and to ch shop - 2 rolls Cmas paper 50p each, self-covering buttons (5) for 25p, a teal l-sleeved work top for £1.75 and a hard-backed book for dd for 50p. But no suitable attire for dd's Stone Age day on Weds.

Now to focus on the end of HUTH and think about the price list... with a coffee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback