Cancelled a direct debit, will not allow to add back?

I found out that Tesco Current Account not allow to add the direct debit again once I had cancelled it.

This issue:
1. In November 2018, my Post office Online Saving account monthly direct debit is ended.
2. So it will shown cancelled in my list of direct debits in my Tesco Current Account.
3. I tried to apply a new direct debit monthly payment in same Post Office Online Saving account, the direct debit is unpaid.

Any idea how to delete the history of direct debit?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,270 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You've been trying to set up this account with active direct debits for months. Surely the amount of time you are spending trying to figure this all out is not worth the interest you would receive.
  • Already received few months interests. worth
    just last month didnt get interested due to unpaid direct debit
  • I found out that Tesco Current Account not allow to add the direct debit again once I had cancelled it.

This issue:
    1. In November 2018, my Post office Online Saving account monthly direct debit is ended.
    2. So it will shown cancelled in my list of direct debits in my Tesco Current Account.
    3. I tried to apply a new direct debit monthly payment in same Post Office Online Saving account, the direct debit is unpaid.

Any idea how to delete the history of direct debit?

I don't think you can - a possible answer might be to close the PO account and open anew one - this would generate a new direct debit reference - which might work?
  • I don't think you can - a possible answer might be to close the PO account and open anew one - this would generate a new direct debit reference - which might work?

that is what i did.
    I feel strange, how come unable to use/setup the direct debit again.

Open a new PO account, credit check again.

So my new Direct debit setup ended in April. Before April, I setup another DD payment at different date again.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Open a new PO account, credit check again.
    There is no credit check for a savings account application. Just a search for ID and AML purposes.
  • colsten wrote: »
    There is no credit check for a savings account application. Just a search for ID and AML purposes.

Thanks you are correct.
    Are we able to open 2 PO Online Saver per person?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks you are correct.
    Are we able to open 2 PO Online Saver per person?
    I've got about 15 of the blooming things
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Im not sure what problems you are having, I have two PO accounts and I have cancelled and changed the DD date on one of my accounts as the date fitted better, and all is okay.

When you go in the PO does it show as cancelled when you go into DD by clicking the 3 dots? if not then you will need to stop it first before you try to set it up again.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Westie983 wrote: »
    Im not sure what problems you are having, I have two PO accounts and I have cancelled and changed the DD date on one of my accounts as the date fitted better, and all is okay.

When you go in the PO does it show as cancelled when you go into DD by clicking the 3 dots? if not then you will need to stop it first before you try to set it up again.

Westie983

In answering your question,
    1.when I go to my PO, it shown "completed".
    2. Tesco bank shown "cancelled" for this PO's direct debit.

So, when I back to PO and setup a new DD payment again, when it come to DD, it shown unpaid DD in my PO. I suspect is Tesco bank shown "cancelled" for this PO account as DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure