Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Can you take paracetemol and ibuprofen Buffy? Alternate them every 2 hours to try and keep the pain at bay.
    Hope you feel better soon
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Buffy

Sorry to hear about the tooth situation on top of the rest! I hope 2018 brings better times for you.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Should it be so sore BUffy?
    Ask our dental friend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • juliejim wrote: »
    Can you take paracetemol and ibuprofen Buffy? Alternate them every 2 hours to try and keep the pain at bay.
    Hope you feel better soon

Had forgotten about that trick! I will do that,
    thanks XX
    beanielou wrote: »
    Should it be so sore BUffy?
    Ask our dental friend.

My sister who bizarrely has the same teeth issues but on opposite side if you see what I mean, she thinks it would hurt, the dentist did dig around a great deal. I shall wait 24 hours and then ring.

Ate some biscuits and feel a bit better, tooth is pulsing (!) but ok. XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Typically a lot of post dentist pain comes from the bruising that relates to all the prodding around your tooth plus any injections. Give it three days if you can. Take care
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • A traditional way of handling dental pain is oil of cloves - it tastes awful but you can dab it topically in the gum area and it takes the pain away!! It is very cheap and can be picked up at Chemists but A5da had some for 90p when I bought some last year.
    Good luck with handling it as dental pain is the worst
  • Typically a lot of post dentist pain comes from the bruising that relates to all the prodding around your tooth plus any injections. Give it three days if you can. Take care

It hurts less today, I am just worried as she said there was a gap next to one of the roots, I hope that doesn't make the tooth less stable? and all this will be for nothing! She said not to bite on the tooth (which I haven't) I have a week till stage three.
    A traditional way of handling dental pain is oil of cloves - it tastes awful but you can dab it topically in the gum area and it takes the pain away!! It is very cheap and can be picked up at Chemists but A5da had some for 90p when I bought some last year.
    Good luck with handling it as dental pain is the worst

I will investigate, I think I might have some knocking about for putting fish to sleep...

Today hasn't started well.

Vets, one of the guinea pigs has a lump, it is probably cancer.

I have just about had it. It is probably the toothache more than anything. Am just done with all the !!!!.
  • Vets, dog walk, Sainbury's delivery, breakfast (!) lift for sister and then shopping. Just the petshop and Wickes, an exciting afternoon ;)

Feeling a bit better. I know I feel bad this time of year. Lots of us do. I have goals I have a plan, I need to keep working the plan.

I also have an idea for the rabbits - their cage. That perked me up. I will need to move some stuff but if it works.......

XXX
  • It didn't work.

Made things a little better. but not worth the time I spent today. should have done it yesterday.

The last six months have been an utter nightmare if I am honest. I looked round the spare room and the conservatory today. I had made so much progress there. But the new sofas in the middle of being at the hospital wasn't a great idea.

I am sick of the mess. And it is a mess. Not just untidy. And it is worse as I had been making progress and now it feels worse than before. I feel like I will be for ever tidying.

Sorry to be on such a downer.

XXX
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh Buffy - it sounds like life is really taking its toll ...What happened at the vet?
    I know it might not help but remember how bad it was before you really got started? If all that stuff was around now, things would be much, much harder.
    In some of my really sh*t days, I tried to write three good things. Some days it was as much as - got up, cleaned teeth. Would that help at all today - even one good thing?
    Sending you lots of hugs xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport