Comments

• Ganga wrote: »
    No mention of FAO Schwatz,the toy shop with the piano in "Big"
    is it still open?
    Closed a couple of years ago.
  • Marksfish
    Marksfish Posts: 268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Looks like I have come to this thread a bit late. Over 400 pages to read before we fly out from Manchester on Wednesday morning!!! Seems we got a reasonable deal from Wowcher, are flying Virgin (Delta) from Manchester and we paid £800ea. We will be staying at Ramada Eastside for 3 nights (before going on to LA and Vegas). Super Shuttle seems to be a favoured option for transfers, so will now trawl the site to see what we can do while there.

Mark
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Marksfish wrote: »
    Looks like I have come to this thread a bit late. Over 400 pages to read before we fly out from Manchester on Wednesday morning!!! Seems we got a reasonable deal from Wowcher, are flying Virgin (Delta) from Manchester and we paid £800ea. We will be staying at Ramada Eastside for 3 nights (before going on to LA and Vegas). Super Shuttle seems to be a favoured option for transfers, so will now trawl the site to see what we can do while there.

Mark

It is not recommended to use the shuttle service,could wait a long time for others to fill the mini bus up and be last one dropped off!
    Start at the first page of this forum and look for posts by M4RKM who gives tips for getting from the airport cheaply via public transport,plus there is always taxi,s at about 70 dollars.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga
    Closed a couple of years ago.

Thanks,cannot play the piano but would of been great to have my photo taken on the piano and then show my grandaughters the scene off the film.
  • Ganga
    Can anybody point me in the way of discount vouchers for TOTR,went on the official web site and even the senior citizen prices are quite expensive,i am sure somebody said that discount vouchers can be picked up but i do not want to trawl thru all 406 pages to locate it.
    Thanks
  • Ganga
    Booked to go to NY in March,going with BA, booked with Thomas Cook who have given me most of the paper work ( some to follow nearer the holiday time ) they have given us the flight details,Newcastle to Heathrow with BA, then Heathrow th JFK with AA ,code share airline.They have allocated us seats on the AA plane,a Boing 777.Looked at the seat numbers and thought,half way down the plane,Row 38,seats D & E.on checking with searguru row 38 is at the back of the plane!.Not a major problem but,and here is the question,on arrival at JFK do they normally disembark thru front and rear?,if front only i think that we will last of the plane and last to go thru security.
    I know not a major problem but any answers will be appreciated.
    Booked to go to NY in March,going with BA, booked with Thomas Cook who have given me most of the paper work ( some to follow nearer the holiday time ) they have given us the flight details,Newcastle to Heathrow with BA, then Heathrow th JFK with AA ,code share airline.They have allocated us seats on the AA plane,a Boing 777.Looked at the seat numbers and thought,half way down the plane,Row 38,seats D & E.on checking with searguru row 38 is at the back of the plane!.Not a major problem but,and here is the question,on arrival at JFK do they normally disembark thru front and rear?,if front only i think that we will last of the plane and last to go thru security.
    I know not a major problem but any answers will be appreciated.
    Not answering your question, but if you're not already a member it's probably worth both of you setting up a British Airways Executive Club account each and adding your booking to it. Build up some Avios.
  • Ganga
    Not answering your question, but if you're not already a member it's probably worth both of you setting up a British Airways Executive Club account each and adding your booking to it. Build up some Avios.

I have allready joined myself,what amount of Avios points do you have to have to get anything fro BA ?
    I have allready joined myself,what amount of Avios points do you have to have to get anything fro BA ?

4,000 will get a single flight from Newcastle to London or London to nearer parts of Europe. 16,000 will get return flights for two. 9,000 a night in certain hotels.

If your fellow traveller isn't registered individually they don't collect their Avios which are lost. You can set up a household account to add the points together,

Tesco Clubcard vouchers and incentives for certain AMEX cards are a good way to top up further.
  • Marksfish
    Marksfish Posts: 268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have searcbed but cannot find up to date info on fee free ATM's. Have a NandP debit card and want to make best use of its fee free advantage.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport