Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 20th May 19, 4:08 AM
    • 6,502Posts
    • 4,141Thanks
    Ken68
    Condensate pipe
    • 20th May 19, 4:08 AM
    Condensate pipe 20th May 19 at 4:08 AM
    The condensate pipe here is leaking, don't know for how long.
    About a 5 metre run to an inside drain and at a shallow angle and also thru two walls.
    The leak is near the end of the run a difficult to get to and will probably mean removing a couple of kitchen cabinets.
    My question is .....can I cut the pipe near the boiler and temporally drain into a container, whilst I sort it and whether I need to bring in a plumber.
    Last edited by Ken68; 20-05-2019 at 4:10 AM.
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 20th May 19, 1:52 PM
    • 27,869 Posts
    • 13,732 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 20th May 19, 1:52 PM
    • 20th May 19, 1:52 PM
    It won't do any harm.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 20th May 19, 2:05 PM
    • 6,502 Posts
    • 4,141 Thanks
    Ken68
    • 20th May 19, 2:05 PM
    • 20th May 19, 2:05 PM
    Thank you, Cardew, think it was bodged on install because of difficult access and a 4" drop on 5 metres is not as per the manual. I feel a claim coming on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

14Posts Today

4,040Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin