Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 13th Oct 18, 11:30 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Matt1111
    Northampton County Court parking fine headache
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:30 AM
    Northampton County Court parking fine headache 13th Oct 18 at 11:30 AM
    Hello guys,

I'm new here so I need a lot of help. Got this Northampton County Court form because of Parking fines. It says Claimant is Parking Control Management and address for documents and payments is Gladstones Solicitors.
    It's giving me a headache as people have been telling me they could give me a CCJ meaning I won't be able to buy a house. I'm 22 and I'm a student at Hertfordshire University. The parking fine was in Salisbury Village so behind De-havilland Campus.
    Do I have to defend or acknowledge? How do I do it? Could anyone give me a defence letter template so I could add my details in and send it off. Who do I send the defence letter off to?
    I can't pay that amount i'm a student so money wise it's tough.
    I'm stressed out because of this, I can't focus at uni it's worrying me and parents keep having a go at me too so any help would be appreciated.
    Seen on the forum that most cases can be won so that gave me some sort of relief but still worried.

Thank you guys Help me out please.

IMG_2402.JPG
    Last edited by Matt1111; 13-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Page 2
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 28th Oct 18, 2:46 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Quick question:

Should I put my full name at the start or just my first name?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Oct 18, 3:20 PM
    • 15,218 Posts
    • 17,700 Thanks
    KeithP
    First name and surname is good enough.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Oct 18, 4:30 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Quick question:

Should I put my full name at the start or just my first name?
    Originally posted by Matt1111
    That's not the start anyway, due to the headings above it...as per the examples, your full name appears above the first point, with the other headings.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 31st Oct 18, 7:16 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Would you be able to put a link of the examples please I can't find them.
    Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 31st Oct 18, 7:23 PM
    • 15,218 Posts
    • 17,700 Thanks
    KeithP
    Layout examples are clearly linked as such from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Here's one:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71228944#post71228944
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Oct 18, 7:24 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I never do that because it doesn't help you to be given links in a 'hey presto' way. You need to know how to navigate the forum.

My signature does already tell you where to click (two clicks gets you to the NEWBIES thread where you need to read post #2). You will need that to know what to expect and do next, as defence is not your only job - and that's where the examples are.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-11-2018 at 5:57 PM.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 6th Nov 18, 2:29 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hello everyone,

Submitted my defence the other day.
    Checked on money claim and it said defence submitted the following day.

Today I have received this letter through the post.
    Any help? What does it mean?
    Link below

hxxp://i67.tinypic.com/15h0d2o.jpg
    Thank you for your help guys!
    Last edited by Matt1111; 06-11-2018 at 3:14 PM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Nov 18, 2:35 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 13,789 Thanks
    The Deep
    246 is tantamount to fraud imo, a lot more than the law allows. The solicitors know this but hope to sucker you into paying.

Even if they won their claim in court, which is unlikely as it looks as though no contract was ever entered into, the most a judge is likely to award would be 175 - 200, the rest is think of a number money.

I suggest that you complain to the regulatory body, the SRA about this demand for unlawful costs.

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

Also, complain to your MP

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by early in the New Year.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Nov 18, 2:58 PM
    • 15,218 Posts
    • 17,700 Thanks
    KeithP
    Today I have received this letter through the post.
    Any help? What does it mean?
    Link below
    hxxp://i68.tinypic.[deleted].jpg

Thank you for your help guys!
    What does it mean???

Here is my interpretation:

They have received your Defence.

They are going to send a copy of your Defence to the claimant (or their solicitor).

The claimant may contact you to try and resolve the dispute.

If the Claimant wants to continue with the claim they need to inform the court.

The court will then tell you what's going on.

The Claimant has 28 days to tell the court they wish to continue.

If after 28 days they have not responded to the court then the Claimant will have to pay some money if they wish to continue.

Wasn't so difficult, was it?

Btw... I didn't make your link live because the image shows your full surname. You might want to deal with that.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Nov 18, 5:12 PM
    • 23,706 Posts
    • 37,901 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    http://i67.tinypic.com/15h0d2o.jpg

Now sanitised.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please please please just read the 2nd post of the NEWBIES THREAD for what to do when.
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 13th Nov 18, 2:01 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hello guys,

I received a questionnaire today from Gladstones Solicitors but it's already filled in by Gladstones. According to the Newbies thread I should have one for myself where I could put my details in. I didn't get one from Gladstones.
    Another thing is The Newbies thread says I'll have to go to court and defend the whole thing verbally which is scary as it's my first time and I feel like I'm gonna sit and end up with nothing to say as it's a little intimidating. Are there any alternative ways rather than attending the court?
    What do I do next?

Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Nov 18, 11:44 AM
    • 15,218 Posts
    • 17,700 Thanks
    KeithP
    I received a questionnaire today from Gladstones Solicitors but it's already filled in by Gladstones. According to the Newbies thread I should have one for myself where I could put my details in.
    This is perfectly normal. Gladstones just wanting to keep you under pressure. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC and re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread where you will find instructions on exactly how answer every question.

Another thing is The Newbies thread says I'll have to go to court and defend the whole thing verbally which is scary as it's my first time and I feel like I'm gonna sit and end up with nothing to say as it's a little intimidating. Are there any alternative ways rather than attending the court?
    Watch this short video:

What do I do next?
    Read lots of other threads so that nothing takes you by surprise.

You are seeing nothing new - it has all happened before and by seeing how others have coped will boost your confidence.
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 6th Dec 18, 12:50 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hello guys,

Received the questionnaire and just filled it all up by using the newbies thread for help. Sent a copy to the Northampton County Court and a copy to Parking Control Management too.
    Let's see how it goes. I really hope they give up with this without me having to go to my local court. Has this happened before?

Thank you
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 5th Jan 19, 4:23 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hi guys,
    Hope you had a great Christmas and a good New years.
    Just a quick update.
    Received this today
    hxxp://i65.tinypic.com/2wmexpe.jpg
    It's a notice of transfer of proceedings. Claim has been transferred to my local court apparently and now I just got to wait.
    Any advice?

Thank you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jan 19, 5:12 PM
    • 23,706 Posts
    • 37,901 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I just converted that link you gave for the photo - it played havoc with my iPad, shooting up all sorts of pop-ups, 'Congratulations, you've just won a xxx, Cllck here', 'Sign up for this, Sign up for that' messages it looks decidedly didgy, even though it's a tinypic hosting site.

Try imgur or Dropbox.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jan 19, 5:16 PM
    • 15,218 Posts
    • 17,700 Thanks
    KeithP
    Prepare yourself so that you are not surprised by anything.
    Last edited by KeithP; 05-01-2019 at 5:19 PM.
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 20th Mar 19, 12:55 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hi again guys,

Received a notice of allocation to the small claims track (hearing). The hearing will be at the Willesden County Court. It will be on the 30th April 2019.
    Apparently the hearing will be an hour long.
    I'm already scared and stressing as it's my first time.
    Can you guys give me a step by step advice on what to do, what to take and what to say when I'm there.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 20th Mar 19, 1:50 PM
    • 5,053 Posts
    • 4,620 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    You know you are going to be directed towards the NEWBIE thread as it contains all the info you have requested! Go here for what to do and by when.

The following advice is normally posted by KeithP
    This short video may help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93eoaxhzpU
    • Matt1111
    • By Matt1111 14th Apr 19, 11:57 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Matt1111
    Hi guys,
    I got an email today and it states this from Gladstones:

Dear xxxxxxxx
    We act for the claimant in the above matter.

Please find attached, by way of service, the Claimant's Witness Statement.

The assumption is that our Client is not attending the hearing and therefore we kindly request this notice be treated as a notice pursuant to CPR 27.9. However on some occasions our Client may wish to attend and will do so.

We confirm the statement has been filed at the Court

Yours sincerely

What does this mean? Do I still have to go visit them at the court?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,711Posts Today

8,716Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• RT @justinbones: Just looking at how the bad weather may be impacting business and the economy. Thankfully someone has already looked at th?

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @EmmaBarnett from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin