Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    • 518Posts
    • 277Thanks
    swindiff
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered.
    • 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered. 6th Oct 18 at 10:13 AM
    Finally have letters from TSB confirming compensation payout after their disastrous IT upgrade back in April.

I simply filled out the automated complaint for mine and my wife's accounts using the resolver website.

The hilarious thing is that I have received £75 Compensation and my wife £50. Is this sexism from TSB

We have had a laugh about it this morning and are happy with the compensation but the wife will be calling on Monday to find out why she isn't getting the same compensation as me for what was exactly the same complaint.
Page 4
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 27th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    Since the “upgrade” I can’t open the online correspondence on my account (the screen goes grey before reverting back to the main correspondence page) so decided I would be in a complaint about that to see what would happen.

They’ve just given me £150 but no comments about what they are going to do about the issue! Not sure i’m really that bothered though and can’t believe that they’ve just thrown £150 my way because of it...
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • badger09
    • By badger09 27th Jan 19, 12:07 PM
    • 6,908 Posts
    • 6,520 Thanks
    badger09
    Since the “upgrade” I can’t open the online correspondence on my account (the screen goes grey before reverting back to the main correspondence page) so decided I would be in a complaint about that to see what would happen.

They’ve just given me £150 but no comments about what they are going to do about the issue! Not sure i’m really that bothered though and can’t believe that they’ve just thrown £150 my way because of it...
    Originally posted by Money_Grabber13579
    Was that your only complaint?

I'm affected in the same way. The really annoying thing is that they keep telling me I have a secure message. I haven't complained - yet
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 27th Jan 19, 4:04 PM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579

I'm affected in the same way. The really annoying thing is that they keep telling me I have a secure message. I haven't complained - yet
    Originally posted by badger09
    Yep, I had nothing else to complain about as I didn’t suffer any other problems and they increased the interest rate on my two current accounts, so I was actually pretty happy. However, I would quite like to see my statements and other correspondence and thought the complaints route was the easiest opinion but didn’t expect them to pay anything out for it!
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • masonic
    • By masonic 27th Jan 19, 5:41 PM
    • 11,738 Posts
    • 9,384 Thanks
    masonic

Originally posted by badger09
    You'll need to be patient. I complained, waited, waited more, took it to the FOS, got awarded £150 (IIRC), had some further issues, complained to TSB again, waited, and last week received my 5th or 6th holding letter saying give us another 4 weeks.

In the mean time my 2nd issue solved itself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

7,284Users online

Martin's Twitter