Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    • 559Posts
    • 304Thanks
    swindiff
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered.
    • 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered. 6th Oct 18 at 10:13 AM
    Finally have letters from TSB confirming compensation payout after their disastrous IT upgrade back in April.

I simply filled out the automated complaint for mine and my wife's accounts using the resolver website.

The hilarious thing is that I have received 75 Compensation and my wife 50. Is this sexism from TSB

We have had a laugh about it this morning and are happy with the compensation but the wife will be calling on Monday to find out why she isn't getting the same compensation as me for what was exactly the same complaint.
Page 2
    • winifer569
    • By winifer569 16th Oct 18, 9:51 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    winifer569
    Hi,

I had a payment appear in my tsb account today it just says "faster payment" as the description and nothing about who it was from.. Is that how all of yours appeared? as i have no idea who it could be from if it isn't tsb compensation.

I've never actually received a call so don't know the amount (if anything) i was getting..

Any help appreciated, i could just phone and ask but i'd probably be on hold for ages!
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 16th Oct 18, 9:54 AM
    • 559 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    swindiff
    It does appear as faster payment.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 16th Oct 18, 10:46 AM
    • 10,732 Posts
    • 31,548 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Hi,

I had a payment appear in my tsb account today it just says "faster payment" as the description and nothing about who it was from.. Is that how all of yours appeared? as i have no idea who it could be from if it isn't tsb compensation.

I've never actually received a call so don't know the amount (if anything) i was getting..

Any help appreciated, i could just phone and ask but i'd probably be on hold for ages!
    Originally posted by winifer569
    You should - at some point - get a 'final' letter confirming what they have done to resolve your complaint and giving you information about going to the ombudsman if you remain unhappy.

I got the letter, but never had a phone call.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • gazapc
    • By gazapc 16th Oct 18, 7:04 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    gazapc
    Have two TSB accounts for the interest rates, one wasn't visible for around 3 months on my online banking. Not really a major issue but registered an issue with them in April/May and heard nothing since, account eventually reappeared.

Letter yesterday saying I am due 150 quid compensation and expenses. Check and the money has already been paid.
    • bronzebomber
    • By bronzebomber 19th Oct 18, 12:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bronzebomber
    Have two TSB accounts for the interest rates, one wasn't visible for around 3 months on my online banking. Not really a major issue but registered an issue with them in April/May and heard nothing since, account eventually reappeared.

Letter yesterday saying I am due 150 quid compensation and expenses. Check and the money has already been paid.
    Originally posted by gazapc
    was yours paid out in 2 separate transactions 100 and 50 , I've got 2 payments in my tsb this morning that just say faster payment. I've not had a letter or anything and not expecting any payments into my bank.
    • tuggy12
    • By tuggy12 20th Oct 18, 1:15 PM
    • 1,169 Posts
    • 1,356 Thanks
    tuggy12
    Two faster payments for me too, totalling 150.

Complained at end of July '18 and had three "sorry for the delay letters" but not had a letter about the 150 yet.
    • Dragonfly1
    • By Dragonfly1 20th Oct 18, 2:10 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Dragonfly1
    My 150 has also appeared in my account yesterday (19th October) under 'Faster Payment' - no letter yet received since the July holding letter - only the phone calls as detailed earlier in this thread Came as a single 150.
    • gazapc
    • By gazapc 20th Oct 18, 11:24 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    gazapc
    was yours paid out in 2 separate transactions 100 and 50 , I've got 2 payments in my tsb this morning that just say faster payment. I've not had a letter or anything and not expecting any payments into my bank.
    Originally posted by bronzebomber

2 seperate payments
    • RedRuby
    • By RedRuby 24th Oct 18, 10:14 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    RedRuby
    I haven't heard anything about my complaints since I got a letter saying they had received my complaints and I could go to the ombudsman. I've got both a current account and cred card which I use regularly and I've heard nothing and haven't gotten any compensation. Pretty sure I'm not even receiving my 5 reward on my credit card account. It seems strange to me. I filed two complaints and have received nothing.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 25th Oct 18, 4:38 PM
    • 13,257 Posts
    • 12,324 Thanks
    jimjames
    Well no contact at all from TSB but 75 suddenly arrived in one of my accounts yesterday.
    Originally posted by hollie.weimeraner
    I had exactly the same. Money appeared in my account with zero info on it. A week later the letter was sent telling me they'd given me compensation for the issues I'd had.

Even the compensation was incompetent and I'm sure generated more calls to their contact centre with unknown payments queried.

Hi,

Originally posted by winifer569
    Yes that was exactly how it appeared. In fact mine was 2 separate credits. Turns out from the letter that one was compensation for the error and one for mileage/time. Quite why it was done as 2 items I'm not sure
    Last edited by jimjames; 25-10-2018 at 4:41 PM.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • gash
    • By gash 26th Oct 18, 10:15 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    gash
    I just had two payments in my account that I noticed last night, 50 and 225. I thought someone had transferred it to me by accident. Spoke to TSB this morning and the 275 is my compensation for the issues from April. I received no letter or phone call. Very happy with the money, but still amazed they haven't actually notified me and forced yet another call into their call centre. Happy days though
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 26th Oct 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13,257 Posts
    • 12,324 Thanks
    jimjames
    Very happy with the money, but still amazed they haven't actually notified me and forced yet another call into their call centre. Happy days though
    Originally posted by gash
    I thought the same. To generate additional call centre traffic seems like another case of shooting themselves in the foot again. Give payments a better description or align the letters & payments better
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • brighton68
    • By brighton68 24th Nov 18, 11:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    brighton68
    Compensation
    Hi

I received a mobile text message from the TSB this week and said my TSB complaint has been closed and funds had been paid into my account. After checking online I received to 2 payments totalling 150. Considering the amount of time wasted contacting the TSB, having to pay my landlord delayed rent in cash, and reclaiming a direct debit that should of been stopped I am satisfied with the compensation. But I wonder if I should complain again and ask for more compensation for the amount of stress it caused me at the time. I think it would of been more appropriate of the TSB to at least be telephoned or written to for my original complaints.
    Last edited by brighton68; 24-11-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: missed word
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 24th Nov 18, 9:42 PM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 39,842 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Needless to say haven't heard a word from them lately.

Added to that as the a/c is paperless I have decided to read the 'important' docs they have sent.
    Just a load of Gobbledegook!
    Every single number has been blocked out (even their address!) as you can imagine that makes interesting reading for a financial statement!!!

Can I be bothered to put in yet another complaint??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 13th Dec 18, 3:18 PM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 39,842 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Finally, finally (after about 4 letters requesting my patience!) letter arrived today listing my complaints from April- luckily nothing very major.
    No idea about when money will be credited but it says I will receive 100 + 50. Fine - no reasons given for all the problems ,but I can live with that!
    Many thanks

• system1000
    • By system1000 31st Dec 18, 4:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    system1000
    Compensation
    Hi,
    Having received my compenstation. Thought i will search to get idea of payout incase TSB ripped me off..
    Reading through this post it seems i have the highest currently at 500.
    I am thinking of disputing thiswith threat of escalating to ombudsman and see whether they will revise offer better.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 31st Dec 18, 4:54 PM
    • 11,385 Posts
    • 14,127 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Hi,
    Having received my compenstation. Thought i will search to get idea of payout incase TSB ripped me off..
    I am thinking of disputing thiswith threat of escalating to ombudsman and see whether they will revise offer better.
    Originally posted by system1000
    While I can understand the desire to compare your compo with others', on what objective basis would you contend that 500 isn't appropriate for the issues you experienced?

You can hardly go to TSB or FOS saying that some anonymous internet poster(s) claimed to have got more for a similar issue, so need to be in a position to argue your case on its own merits....
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 31st Dec 18, 7:55 PM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 39,842 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Hi,
    On what grounds?
    For one thing I would think TSB/ ombudsman would check to see just how inconvenienced you were by the whole fiasco.
    For 500 I would think it needed to be a major melt down, so for even more... a financial catastrophe!
    Many thanks

• masonic
    • By masonic 31st Dec 18, 8:01 PM
    • 12,346 Posts
    • 9,948 Thanks
    masonic
    The highest is likely to end up considerably higher than 500. But would you be willing to suffer an equivalent amount of frustration drawn out over many months in order to secure it?
    • No_6
    • By No_6 1st Jan 19, 8:50 PM
    • 826 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    No_6
    It is the inter.net ..thinging ..so I could say 850
    so prove it ! 500 ????
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,592Posts Today

5,859Users online

Martin's Twitter