Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 3rd May 18, 8:50 AM
    • 4,769Posts
    • 41,783Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning
    • 3rd May 18, 8:50 AM
    Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning 3rd May 18 at 8:50 AM
    Good morning everyone,

I've had a bit of a break from the forums over the past couple of months, but today seems like a good time to come back on here and to start a new diary. An awful lot has changed in my life over the past couple of weeks and it's going to take some time and effort to adjust, and more than ever I need the support and accountability of being on here to keep me on the straight and narrow as far as my finances are concerned.
    I hope that some of my usual bunch have followed me to this diary, and welcome to anyone new that might be reading. I need all of the help and support that I can get...
    NST June #16 nsd =
Page 31
    • liselle
    • By liselle 21st Oct 18, 5:15 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    liselle
    White Goods Insurance
    So sorry to hear about your freezer breaking down.Such a pain.
    But, for the future,have you considered insuring your white goods? The cost is somewhere in the region of £4.00 per item per month.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 22nd Oct 18, 7:59 AM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    Well - I've made it to half term but have woken up with a stinking head again this morning. It's either stress, withdrawl from the drugs I've been living on or hormonal (and I strongly suspect it's hormonal). However, I have a cup of tea in front of me and I'm going to try and wait before I give in to paracetamol.
    I have a partly busy day today - even though I am on half term I'm working for the exam board today. I have a meeting with them, which is all done online so hopefully it will all work and I don't even have to get dressed or brush my hair if I don't want to. It's scheduled for half nine until half three but if it's anything like the last one I went to I might be done by 2pm. If so I'm going to try and see my mam later. It's just been nice to see a bit more of her, and my anxiety is so bad at the moment that I'm keen to be around people that I know and trust for a lot of the time.
    I still can't believe how much our lives continue to mirror each others EE. I can't imagine how bad that smell must have been. I'm grateful that I have another freezer I can use in the short term but there has been a lot of food waste unfortunately. I never take out any separate insurance on goods in the house liselle - I know my freezer contents are covered with the home insurance. There just needs to be a balance of how much it will cost me versus how much it will cost me to claim on the insurance once the excess etc is dealt with. I decided the same with the bathroom floor - plus the freezer itself was pretty busted and rusting so probably just needed replacing (although I know it's only about 8 years old). I've chosen a slightly more expensive, branded freezer in the hope that it will be better quality.
    As for ex - I haven't heard anything back from him as yet but that's not a surprise - I hadn't wanted to have to contact him in the first place, but I am definitely putting my foot down about him coming to the house. I don't know what is going through his mind, but it's not predictable, which just sets me on edge a bit.
    Right, my meeting starts in half an hour and I want to get some breakfast before that. So, I'll be back on later. Have a good day everyone.
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Oct 18, 3:48 PM
    • 63,810 Posts
    • 283,104 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope your meeting goes well
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 22nd Oct 18, 7:53 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    It did thanks Beanie - was all done and dusted by half past one. And it's good to know I'll get a little bit of cash for the Christmas pot as well.
    Wish the headache would do one though - I think it may be stress related after all because it has been hanging on for days, and I feel like I may be quite tense around my neck and shoulders. Not that I have the foggiest idea what to do about it though. It's all very well people telling me to calm down and stop worrying about everything, but it's not like I'm doing it deliberately. I know that my fears and worries are mostly irrational, and that stress isn't good for me - but my circumstances are such at the moment that I can't do anything about it - no matter how much meditating, mindfulness, soaking in the bath etc I do.
    I did get to see my mam - she took me out to see A Star Is Born at the cinema. I cried my eyes out. Not that me or ex are international megastars but the story behind it was a little bit close for comfort at the moment. It was brilliant though - and I love Gaga even more than I did before (and I loved her before). I was incredibly anxious the whole time though about leaving the kids alone in the house - and I've done it before. Wonder if I should get myself back to the doctors? It may be time... if I can ever get an appointment.
    Just getting ready for another early night. I need to be available from 7am tomorrow for the new fridge. I hope it comes sooner rather than later - but I have already arranged to see bestie as well just in case I'm stuck indoors all day.
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 22nd Oct 18, 8:16 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    I have taken this as a sign... looked on my doctor's website to see if there were any appointments. There usually aren't, but there was one available and it's for tomorrow. So I've taken it. It's with a locum but better than anything I've gotten any time in the past year or so... I will just explain that my anxiety is becoming unmanageable again. Hopefully I will sound reasonably of sound mind.
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Oct 18, 8:24 PM
    • 63,810 Posts
    • 283,104 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you have a GP appointment.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 22nd Oct 18, 8:51 PM
    • 15,689 Posts
    • 54,015 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    You aren't an international megastar?

Pants.

I hope it goes well at the doctors. Very impressed you made the appointment. Good stuff XXX
    Sealed Pot 12 - 008, 365, 1p a day, 1%, 100 days, Saving to be out of debt!
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 23rd Oct 18, 5:48 AM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 20,825 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Good luck with the doc today.
    MFW START1/5/16 £118,340 Oct17£109,49 12/17 £108,801/18 £108,39 3/18 £108,50 4/18£108,10 5/18£106,99 6/18£105,99.7/18£105,308/18£103,99 9/18£102,99 10/18£101,999 11/18£101,300 12/18£100,700,1/19 £99,999.99 2/19 99,500 1/3 £98,999.991/4 £98,500 1/5 £97,999.99 1/6 £97,500

MFW 2019 #65
    L&C Referal code- https://referme.to/GNNHtJo
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 23rd Oct 18, 6:46 AM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    Have been awake since 5am, worrying about the delivery of the fridge. This is completely ridiculous Got out of bed at half past six and went in the shower. Came downstairs and started worrying about the state of the house (the kitchen is a mess where I've moved stuff in preparation), worrying about the amount of rubbish and whether or not the council will take it all on bin day next week. Ugh! So I fed the cats, changed their trays and started attempting to declutter a bit in the kitchen - being a bit ruthless.
    Text about the fridge arrived at 7am. It's coming between 2pm and 6pm today. So I could have gone back to bed. But guess what... my doctor's appointment falls beautifully in that window - so now I'm fretting that I may not be here when the fridge arrives. But that's not a big deal either because bestie is coming over to wait with me so I can ask her to wait in for the half hour or so I'll be out. Now worrying about how filthy the floor will be underneath the fridge. I'm so angry with myself for not being able to switch this off - my rational voice is there but the hysterical voice just won't shut up. I'll be better once I have another grown up to speak to.
    I might try and have a nap actually. It's still not 8am and there's nothing spoiling...
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 23rd Oct 18, 7:53 AM
    • 2,600 Posts
    • 21,874 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Oh dear your mind is in overdrive. In your opinion, is that a trait which you've always had, or is it something which has only come in the last few months/years?

Hope the doc's goes well and the fridge arrives with no stress. Take a breather and enjoy some time with your pal for a bit too.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16

Follow my diary HERE
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 23rd Oct 18, 8:10 AM
    • 8,926 Posts
    • 68,811 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Hope the locum's a good'un.
    NST June ninja #1; NSD 14/16; Ex 15/30; craft (19); remove 3 bagfuls (28)

Mortgage £16,231 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate???
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 23rd Oct 18, 2:16 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 10,963 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Hope the appointment goes ok CCL, and the delivery. With the headache maybe upping your hydration would help?
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 23rd Oct 18, 3:47 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady

Definitely a trait Iíve had my whole life Speky, although I was only officially diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder about 4 or 5 years ago. I had some serious, heavy duty CBT at the time and was loads better. But the recent flare up in my personal life has sent my worries spiralling. Doctor has put me back into the medication I used to take. Itís low dose and usually just helps get the worry to a manageable level - but takes a while to start working.
    New fridge has arrived - the floor was a state underneath the old one but I cleaned it before they came. Bestie has been here all day keeping me company, which was just what I needed today.
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 23rd Oct 18, 5:12 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 5,017 Thanks
    Chrystal
    So glad you've seen the doctor and he's prescribed something that will help. ((hugs))

Don't know if you've ever tried Lavender Essential Oil? Rub some on your temples when you go to bed.. it's a relaxant and helps you sleep better. Worth a try if you wake up feeling a bit more human because you've had a better sleep. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd Oct 18, 7:06 PM
    • 63,810 Posts
    • 283,104 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that Dr went ok & you have a happy new fridge.

***Keep plodding***
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 24th Oct 18, 5:53 AM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 20,825 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Ooohh, gap in the market!

Happy New Fridge cards

Hope you start to feel better soon.

x
    MFW START1/5/16 £118,340 Oct17£109,49 12/17 £108,801/18 £108,39 3/18 £108,50 4/18£108,10 5/18£106,99 6/18£105,99.7/18£105,308/18£103,99 9/18£102,99 10/18£101,999 11/18£101,300 12/18£100,700,1/19 £99,999.99 2/19 99,500 1/3 £98,999.991/4 £98,500 1/5 £97,999.99 1/6 £97,500

MFW 2019 #65
    L&C Referal code- https://referme.to/GNNHtJo
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 24th Oct 18, 8:01 AM
    • 2,600 Posts
    • 21,874 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Glad you've been given something which your familiar with and you know works. It's now about trying to take some time to yourself and the kids till it takes hold.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16

Follow my diary HERE
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 24th Oct 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 41,783 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hey!
    I'm a little bit worse for wear today. Went out with a couple of work friends last night, and although I only had 4 drinks I am suffering a bit now. I never sleep well when I've been drinking, and don't feel rested at all. Still, it was a nice night and a good catch up.
    Took the kids out shopping for a couple of hours at dd's request. I was starting to fret that she hadn't left the house for a couple of days so I gave her the choice. I should have known she would choose trailing around some massive shopping centre. But it was nice to get out with the kids, even if I am almost dead on my feet now. Also got some ideas for Christmas presents etc so it was a useful trip.
    Today's worry is that the littlest cat hasn't been home at all. She's a hungry thing so is always about and always looking for food. It's very strange for her not to be here. DD seems to think I'm worrying about nothing though - but I keep going out and shouting for her. Hope she comes home soon
    NST June #16 nsd =
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th Oct 18, 5:32 PM
    • 63,810 Posts
    • 283,104 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope the wee cat is back really soon.

***Keep plodding***
    • Sallyforth
    • By Sallyforth 25th Oct 18, 7:08 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    Sallyforth
    Fingers and paws crossed here for the safe return of little cat.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,409Posts Today

9,095Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin