Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,669Posts
    • 28,892Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 540
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th May 19, 7:46 PM
    • 17,355 Posts
    • 37,001 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I've never really got that
    How does that work?
    So some people have a few different accounts, but it's really one person & they get their AE's to have a chat to each other? Like... puppets? Punch & Judy style?

Nahhhh you're having me on.

That's a worry!
    I think we should show a little compassion though coz maybe they are lonely or poorly & it might bring them some comfort, maybe? I dunno.
    I get lonely sometimes but not ... that lonely.
    It's basically like talking to yourself. I hope that never happens to me
    You don't know though! One minute you can be ticking along quite nicely & then wham, down you go. Could happen to anyone!
    Still... live & let live, I'll talk to anyone. I'm not fussy
    Originally posted by MissPickle
    I do quite often talk to myself out loud though
    I talk to the car a lot. Well... he's like family!
    I sing, I backchat to the radio when there's a hot debate going on or whenever I disagree with anything.
    I swear at other drivers whilst smiling sometimes, that's a bit weird, or so my daughter tells me.
    I'm quite careful in public though, most of the time
    Anyhow, back to the matter in hand.
    See... this is what happens when you don't have any AE's.
    ...:
    Miss Pickle, are you talking to yourself?
    Would you like to lie down in a dark room dear?
    Weekly Distance Walked 14 km / Total For Year 690 km
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 25th May 19, 8:11 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    MissPickle
    Miss Pickle, are you talking to yourself?
    Would you like to lie down in a dark room dear?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    It appears so

Damn those Saturday nights
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th May 19, 8:13 PM
    • 17,355 Posts
    • 37,001 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It appears so

Damn those Saturday nights
    I'm in and out of here ... not much company though
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 25th May 19, 8:30 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    MissPickle
    I'm in and out of here ... not much company though
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I think the DT lot are off on a dirty weekend somewhere for the Bank holiday.
    They must have misplaced my invite I'm willing to overlook it, just this once.
    I really hope they are having fun
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 26th May 19, 10:32 PM
    • 4,985 Posts
    • 4,683 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Have been very ill last few weeks to point of choking when coughing and almost fainting many times, was advised to go for out of hours appointment no buses so spent 10 on taxi each way, and despite appointment a 2 hour wait at health centre to be told they can't find anything wrong with me! I don't know how coughing so badly I choke or throw up means nothing is wrong with me!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th May 19, 7:10 PM
    • 55,315 Posts
    • 152,507 Thanks
    colinw
    Been painting, the very last bit of masking tape I removed pulled a tiny bit of the paint off the ceiling ....again
    • tealady
    • By tealady 28th May 19, 5:16 AM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 3,964 Thanks
    tealady
    Kids are off and I have to go shopping.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • elsien
    • By elsien 28th May 19, 8:50 AM
    • 19,253 Posts
    • 48,874 Thanks
    elsien
    My procrastinating.

I'm ok when I get going, but jeez I can waste hours delaying a 10 minute job. Three days off and the to do list really hasn't changed an awful lot.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 28th May 19, 9:30 AM
    • 55,315 Posts
    • 152,507 Thanks
    colinw
    My procrastinating.

I'm ok when I get going, but jeez I can waste hours delaying a 10 minute job. Three days off and the to do list really hasn't changed an awful lot.
    Originally posted by elsien
    I am like that, I do a lot of "thinking" about a job before I start.....once I get into it I am fine though
    • tealady
    • By tealady 28th May 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 3,964 Thanks
    tealady
    Just watching Springwatch.
    Love the programme but presenters need to learn to talk without waving their hands about so much. Also basically (and that word is SO overworked) it's annoying.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Missli
    • By Missli 28th May 19, 7:16 PM
    • 7,209 Posts
    • 16,984 Thanks
    Missli
    My procrastinating.

Originally posted by elsien
    Same here! Wish I spent as much time doing as thinking!
    Started at 11.5 stone 11th May 2019
    17/5 11.3!
    24/5 11.2
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 28th May 19, 9:50 PM
    • 4,985 Posts
    • 4,683 Thanks
    dekaspace
    They had a "Polish cultural day" near me, shame none of the adverts were in English! and the local paper reported on it and talked about how it is there to celebrate diversity and better understanding.

Well having no advertisements in English is hardly doing either of those!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 29th May 19, 8:14 AM
    • 12,050 Posts
    • 32,245 Thanks
    suki1964
    Mozzies !!!!!

Don't think theres a part of my body that doesn't have a bite on it. Seriously contemplating buying a mozzie net for night time and a bee keepers suit for day times
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 30th May 19, 10:13 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    MissPickle
    He's still not speaking to me.
    I'm going to bed.
    Hhmph
    I don't care. I'm fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I ain't gonna worry about it.
    You have to accept the things you can't change & you crack on.

Me... ghosted.
    By a right wing.
    Tut.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 31st May 19, 7:08 AM
    • 55,315 Posts
    • 152,507 Thanks
    colinw
    All this fuss with the Brexit lot about getting their blue passports and here is a story in the local paper of De La Rue who are based up here near Newcastle having to cut jobs and make savings as the Government has just took their contract to print passports off them and awarded it to a French / Dutch company.....
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 31st May 19, 5:07 PM
    • 28,807 Posts
    • 15,978 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Sombody asked a question related to going to a gig on twitter. I gave them the answer. They then blocked me. I saw they asked the same thing on facebook. So i told them how silly they had been expecting a block there also but they havent. Some people are just odd. I half hope they ignore my advice at the gig and suffer the consequence.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 1st Jun 19, 3:47 PM
    • 17,355 Posts
    • 37,001 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Almost setting the kitchen alight whilst cooking dinner.
    Wife is on a jolly with the outlaws today and expected back around 6pm.

At least the smoke has cleared now .....
    And I think that I've salvaged most of the food too ...

Barbequed beef anybody? Who said it should be a bit pink?
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 1st Jun 19, 5:16 PM
    • 26,171 Posts
    • 69,246 Thanks
    pollypenny
    What happened to the weather front?

It was supposed to be way north of us, giving North Wales a lovely sunny day. It didn't happen. Poured this morning, then muggy and cloudy this afternoon. Got some gardening done, though.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • elsien
    • By elsien 1st Jun 19, 8:13 PM
    • 19,253 Posts
    • 48,874 Thanks
    elsien
    They had a "Polish cultural day" near me, shame none of the adverts were in English! and the local paper reported on it and talked about how it is there to celebrate diversity and better understanding.

Well having no advertisements in English is hardly doing either of those!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    I have pointed out to a local councillor that as a white British woman, I am an ethnic minority where I live, so what are they going to do to include me. Deafening silence.

Went to the market this morning. Would have stopped for a drink but was too annoyed by the sign - Coffee's and Cakes's.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 4th Jun 19, 8:52 PM
    • 4,590 Posts
    • 15,291 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's Irritations'

Decided to go into Sheffield today on the train and then onto Meadowhall to spend a few pennies, and the weather forecast said 'light breeze & showers'
    So, I put my raincoat on, and of course the rain held off. The raincoat I have is one of those that has material that clings to you, so within about 10 minutes, I was sweating like a glassblower's bum. And my face was bright red too, so I got a lot of stares as well.
    What really peeved me though, is that as soon as I got home at about 2.30pm, it did actually start to rain. So I could have gotten away with actually wearing a lighter tracksuit top than the raincoat (I was grateful not to get caught up in all that rain though).
    People who ride on the escalator, get to the top and get off but just stand there. WHY??
    I had two chunky bummed ladies do that exact thing to me today. They were working out where to go, and were blocking the escalator exit. Just move to the side and let people pass. It's not rocket science.
    The classic pet hate of mine that involves people letting their children climb into a shopping trolley 'cos they are too big for the child seat, instead of making them walk. Came across one today, where the child must have been at least 14 years old, and eating a huge bar of chocolate when the gormless mother was pushing the trolley. No wonder there is a lot of podgy children about. Make them walk round. It won't hurt them, and also there will be no mucky shoes soiling the bottom of the trolley.
    Whatever happened to good old common sense?
    That'll do for now... Carry on

EDIT. Bonus Grumble. Why am I getting emithers about 'Love Island'?. I couldn't get a toss about some wannabe 'selebs' on an island trying to cop off with each other. When did telly stoop so low? UGH!!
    Now you can carry on
    Last edited by dontone; 04-06-2019 at 8:54 PM.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

124Posts Today

1,671Users online

Martin's Twitter